Survivor to Thriver

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

River

Survivor to Thriver

Post by River »

I'm not sure where to post this.....anyway...

Going through the manual on here called "Survivor to Thriver." It is really, really good. Challenging, tough, but healing. I'm on chapter 2 and it says alot about safety. It makes me more aware, but kinda hard to do, or put in place the safety plans/actions. Doing some of it, but I'm kinda stuck on chapter 2. "Baby steps"....that seems to be my new motto right now. I was wondering if others went through the manual and what you thought of it. Maybe I'll just try and go on with the other chapters.....?????????Skip chapter 2. I'm getting kinda frustrated that I can't do it all. All or nothing thinking. Pass or fail.

River
Last edited by River on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlett

Re: Survivor to Thriver

Post by Scarlett »

That manual got me to this place. Great stuff! :D
Last edited by Scarlett on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noname

Post by Noname »

River,
I think the point of the manual is to work through it at your own pace. There is no "fail" here. Don't try to push yourself, you'll just set yourself back. I think it's great that you're working on the manual. I downloaded it and read the first page but had to stop. I'll try again later. Take some deep breaths and give yourself a break-and some credit. You're really working so hard at healing. You can do this. Baby steps.
Scarlett

Post by Scarlett »

I agree. I really took my time with it. Some sections were too painful to read the first go around but the second time through was better. Pace yourself :)
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Easy does it River.

This is great progress. There is no rushing healing. It is not possible.

Let where you are be enough for now.

with all support,

Harmony
River

Post by River »

Ok NN, Scarlett, Harmony. Ok....thanks.

River
quixote

Post by quixote »

River,
I'm glad that you are going through the manual. By the way, I think some "baby steps" can be hard.
quixote
River

Post by River »

Thanks Quixote. Yes, I totally agree with you. The baby steps can be really hard. Especially when you have insiders who make bad choices.

River
silentlistener

Post by silentlistener »

Hi River,

That's a great manual. Work as slowly as you need. The way I saw it was that manual's not going anywhere.
Insiders can learn to make better choices very slowly. It takes as long as it takes. Does anyone want to join you in working through it?

Sl
ChipmunksRunFree

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

Where is this manual located?
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*