Still alive

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

BlueNeon

Still alive

Post by BlueNeon »

Hello everyone, I haven't posted here for quite a while. Nonetheless, I always think of you, all of you, and I always wish you all the best that life has to offer.
Unfortunately, my best coping method is to try to ignore as much as possible that wounded part of me that led me here in the first place. Please know that my avoiding the forum isn't its fault, or yours, nor did anything happen to me. I'm sorry I cannot be a more constant presence here, but know that I'm always with all of you with my heart.

Love,
BlueNeon
Scars

Re: Still alive

Post by Scars »

Hello, BlueNeon,
I'm scars.
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
Redisfinallyfree

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

Hello Blue Neon,

Coping will carry you along but never make you free. Ignoring what happened to you won’t make it go away and will keep you a prisoner of your past. It’s time for you to stop just coping and ignoring and to start healing. Your story is yours to TELL. You must tell your story if you ever want to be free from the pain of your past. I don’t know what your story is, but if you are here, then I know that someone CHOSE TO hurt you and it was NOT YOUR FAULT. You deserve to be heard, believed, accepted, and to know that you are not alone in having been abused. You deserve to feel and to be safe from abuse and abusers. None of what happened to you was ever your fault. Be kind to you. I hope you’ll come back and give yourself a chance to be heard and believed and comforted.

Redisfinallyfree
Last edited by Serenity on Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
BlueNeon

Post by BlueNeon »

Scars wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:13 am Hello, BlueNeon,
I'm scars.
Hi Scars, nice to meet you.
Redisfinallyfree wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:23 am Hello Blue Neon,

Coping will carry you along but never make you free. Ignoring what happened to you won’t make it go away and will keep you a prisoner of your past. It’s time for you to stop just coping and ignoring and to start healing. Your story is yours to TELL. You must tell your story if you ever want to be free from the pain of your past. I don’t know what your story is, but if you are here, then I know that someone CHOSE TO hurt you and it was NOT YOUR FAULT. You deserve to be heard, believed, accepted, and to know that you are not alone in having been abused. You deserve to feel and to be safe from abuse and abusers. None of what happened to you was ever your fault. Be kind to you. I hope you’ll come back and give yourself a chance to be heard and believed and comforted.

Redisfinallyfree
Thank you Red for your words :)
quixote

Post by quixote »

Blue Neon,
You are not doing anything wrong. It is okay to ignore things, because each of us has our own coping mechanisms. Post here when you are up to it.
quixote
Redisfinallyfree

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

I’m sorry, BlueNeon and Quixote and anyone else I may have offended. I didn’t mean that I thought BlueNeon is doing anything wrong. I don’t. I just want so much for us to all really get free. We shouldn’t have to just cope with the after effects of abuse. I know it is so hard. I really didn’t mean to be offensive. I shouldn’t have said what I said the way that I said it. Again, I am really sorry.

Redisfinallyfree
grandma in pain

Post by grandma in pain »

Hi, BlueNeon. Welcome back. I don't think we've ever met before, but I could be wrong.

It's okay to take a break for however long you feel the need to and no matter what the reason might be. I needed to take a very long break myself for 11 years because I was overwhelmed. However, it got to the point where I had to come back because I was struggling all over again due to the effects the abuse had on me.

Isurvive will be here for you whenever you decide you want to take a peek, or stop by and say hello, or need a shoulder to lean on, or for someone to just listen...

Be good to yourself

grandma in pain

Dearest Red,

Please know that I myself understood what you were saying, and as someone who had been away for a very long time didn't take offense to it whatsoever. I totally get it and I don't want you to feel badly about yourself.

Sending you gentle hugs, if okay...
(((((Redisfinallyfree)))))

grandma in pain
You will forever be in my heart...
(Member since March 21, 2008; 1324 previous posts)