Here to process and free myself

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

lepus

Here to process and free myself

Post by lepus »

Hi everyone, I recently had spontaneous partial recovery of a memory and emotions that explain a lot of how I am that I didn't understand before. I don't know where to go with it so I'm trying some new things like this group. Talking to many people in my life has become difficult and moderately triggering right now so I've had to ghost them. They wouldn't understand or be able to properly handle what happened to me way back then and how it has affected me. I figure any safe social contact I can get should help like being on here. For a long time I've thought of myself like a vulnerable rabbit avoiding danger rather than a real human, but like a wild animal I want to learn to thrive despite the threats my mind sees.
Last edited by Serenity on Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
Rosahope

Re: Here to process and free myself

Post by Rosahope »

Welcome Iepus!
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. I like this space because rhe anonymity allows more freedom within. I'm not scared of repercussion as much. Its still hard but it's also nice being somewhere there are others who understand how hard this is to navigate and that it's not a choice to be this way.
Anyways welcome
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Oceantide

Post by Oceantide »

Welcome lepus! I'm glad you found the forum and hope it provides you a safe place to process some of your feelings and experiences. Oceantide
Redisfinallyfree

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

Welcome Lepus.

It’s very hard to tell your story at first, but people here have been so encouraging and empathetic and welcoming. It is very, very good to be heard and believed and you will find that here. Coconuts is right about the anonymity taking away the fear of telling. I was terrified when I started six months ago. It took me more than three days to create my first post. I was shaking when I hit the submit button and felt terrified of repercussions from my abusers for the first few weeks. But, I got through that with the help of my real family. Every time I told part of my story and was heard and believed, I got stronger and telling more got easier and easier. I hope it will be the same for you. Don’t feel bad if sometimes you post and don’t get responses right away. People are reading but sometimes something we write strikes a chord in someone or several people and they cannot respond right away because they have to work through their own stuff first. People are reading even if you don’t see it.

Redisfinallyfree
Noideamydude

Post by Noideamydude »

Welcome. This is a very welcoming, very safe place
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Welcome, lepus. I'm sorry for the reasons but glad you are here.

With care
Serenity
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi lepus

Sorry to be late, but very happy to wish you a warm welcome
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Scars

Post by Scars »

Hello, Lepus!
I am so glad you are here.
I hope isurvive helps you find healing as it has me.
scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Welcome lepus
Last edited by Serenity on Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail