Just a quick hello

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Flipside

Just a quick hello

Post by Flipside »

Hey,
I'm new to iSurvive but I was once very active on other forums. It feels like I'm back in a familiar place, but one I thought I'd left far behind. I had a triggering experience a few days ago and it's brought some things back... And so, here I am, looking for a place to feel like I'm not alone. I guess the healing journey never ends. Someone once told me that it may feel like going round in circles, but actually it's climbing a spiral staircase. Which means I haven't regressed, I may be at the same coordinates but I have more experience and a slightly different perspective. I'll get through this, but right now it just kinda sucks. So that's why I'm here.
Thanks for reading.
Flip

Editted trigger rating - getting use to this system
Last edited by Flipside on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scars

Re: Just a quick hello

Post by Scars »

Welcome to isurvive, Flipside!

Your name means exactly what I thought when I saw it. Sometimes the flip side was better than the more publicized one.

I am glad you are here.
scars
Last edited by Serenity on Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
Flipside

Post by Flipside »

Thanks scars. I've actually never played a vinyl record :shock: but some of my favourite tracks were the second songs on singles that were never otherwise released. Loved getting a new tape (then cd) and that first time listening to it.... Downloads just aren't the same.
quixote

Post by quixote »

Flipside,
The spiral staircase metaphor sounds very familiar. It would be nice to be healed and never get triggered again, but, unfortunately, there are no guarantees. I wish there were.
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome, Flipside. I'm sorry for the reasons but glad you are here.

With care
Serenity
Rosahope

Post by Rosahope »

Welcome Flipside
Oceantide

Post by Oceantide »

Hi Flipside, welcome! Love the meaning of your name. I hope you find some of the help and support you're looking for here.
Flipside

Post by Flipside »

Thanks all =)

(Edit- forgot default was amber not green)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Flipside

A warm welcome to isurvive - sorry I didn't respond before now ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Redisfinallyfree

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

Hello and welcome, Flipside.

I love your spiral staircase reference because, as I see it, after surviving abuse and beginning the healing process, even with setbacks, we are always on the way UP. I’m sorry for the reasons, but am glad that you are here. You’re right, you will get through this.

Redisfinallyfree