Do your kids say the funniest things too?

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Redisfinallyfree

Do your kids say the funniest things too?

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

Started off today in an angry place and was making myself think about happy things and decided to share. Please add your own happy memories here.

When my youngest daughter, my second, was very small, she was just so incredibly happy and adventurous that she couldn’t help but to get into trouble for disobedience sometimes. She was so active and happy that it was REALLY, REALLY hard to successfully punish her. Okay, she was a bit stubborn too. Since she was so active and rarely sat still, my favorite and most effective way was to remove her from her play area and have her sit quietly on the side of her bed without speaking, playing, or moving for five minutes. Every single time she’d say to me with the brightest smile on her face; “That’s okay Mommy, I wanted to do that!” It was so hard not to smile and hug her every time. Instead I’d tell her to make sure to be quiet and still or I’d make her start her five minutes over again. Then I’d quickly leave and shut myself in my own room and laugh til I almost cried. I love so much that I get to be her mom!

When that same daughter, that here I will call Kai, a few years later after we had been talking about endangered species and charities that help save them, she blurted out; “Hey! I’m an endangered species! I’m the last of my kind! Do you think people would give money to save mE? I could make posters saying; ‘save the Kai! She’s the last of her kind!’.”

I hope this brings some laughter to you today. You all deserve to smile and feel good and to be happy.

Redisfinallyfree
Scars

Re: Do your kids say the funniest things too?

Post by Scars »

my 6 year old grandson came to visit recently. when i was naming his choices for where he could sleep, i was surprised when he said he wanted to sleep in the bed with me. but there were conditions: 1) i had to wear shorts, not just underwear under my night shirt 2) i had to remove all teddy bears and dolls 3) i had to leave one light on all night and 4) I had to promise to wake him up if I left the room so he wouldn't wake up alone.

it's not that funny, but it was cute.
i liked that he could tell me exactly what he needed to feel safe and comfortable.

on the way home from church one Sunday, my nephew asked why we sang that song about the dumb brother.
what se sang: "Are you sowing the seeds of the kingdom, brother?"
what he heard: "Are you sowing the seeds of the king, dumb brother?"

that one really made my laugh.

scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
Redisfinallyfree

Re: Do your kids say the funniest things too?

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

Thank-you Scars! That made me laugh too! So, so cute! I love it!!

It reminded me of my girls when they were about five and six. They tell me it was a misunderstanding of a “Christian Song” that they frequently heard on our radio at that time. They refuse to tell me the song and I have not yet figured it out. They used to link arms and look at each other and they start walking with each one putting one of their legs in front of the other one’s legs and back and forth while reciting the words “Eat butt cheek I say. Eat butt cheek I say. Eat butt cheek I say,” After the third time, they always dissolved into giggles. They used to do this in public! Af first my husband and I didn’t catch it because they were pretty quiet and they were always walking in front of us. Then one time I was next to them and I realized what they’d been saying all of those times. NO WONDER PEOPLE HAD LOOKED AT US STRANGELY!! LOL!!! LOL!! LOL!!! Still cracks me up today! I really wish one of them would tell me the song!

Redisfinallyfree