The Best Picture You Never Took?

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Redisfinallyfree

The Best Picture You Never Took?

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

Can you think of something beautiful, unique, odd, strange, or anything that you saw when you did NOT have a camera with you but you can remember almost like you did?

Once when I was hiking with my husband in the local mountains during the summer, I guess we took a wrong turn. We did not find the ski hut we were supposed to be hiking to, but instead came around some large rocks and about fifteen feet away from us, on the other side of some low boulders were a pair of male and female big horn sheep grazing in an area that still had some snow piled up. We stayed as still as we could and watched them for about ten minutes before they finished and went slowly away. Best picture I never took.
coconuts

Re: The Best Picture You Never Took?

Post by coconuts »

When my twins were newborns I was thoroughly exhausted as can be imagined. Those first few weeks are hard and you don't get a whole lot of reward for your work. As with any baby those first smiles are precious and kinda rare. Neither of them had blessed me with this show. I had them both laying on the floor in front of me and was talking to them and one of them just gave me the best smile ever and I smiled back so happy which apparently made the other twin smile. We sat there for like 10 minutes all just smiling so big at each other. It made me so happy and I was smiling so big. I actually had to look away because my face muscles were killing me but I couldn't stop smiling when I looked at them. I wish I could have caught that moment on camera. But really what makes it special is the memory of how it felt. And I can bring that up just in my mind so I'm good.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Scars

Post by Scars »

Redisfinallyfree,

my husband and i were walking one summer night by a river and saw a tree twinkling, all lit up like a Christmas tree. there must have been thousands of lightening bugs resting there on that one tree. i can't adequately describe the joy and wonder it filled me with. we wondered what kind of tree it was, but it was on the other side of the river and too dark to identify. that's The Best Picture I Never Took.

thanks for this topic,
scars
Last edited by Scars on Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
Redisfinallyfree

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

Hello Coconuts and Scars. Your pictures are so beautiful! I could almost see them too.
Thanks for sharing!

Redisfinallyfree