Worked as a medical editor

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

wellnessengineer

Worked as a medical editor

Post by wellnessengineer »

Having survived a rough childhood, won’t go into detail, I went on to obtain my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, with full scholarship, in biomedical engineering, and recently completed a year as a medical editor. There have been health issues but I have overcome them. I got married to a very sweet man, going on eleven years now. There is hope for everyone, if you will set a goal and go at it with everything you’ve got, love and happiness will find you.
Progress

Re: Worked as a medical editor

Post by Progress »

Hi Wellnessengineer,
Welcome. It’s nice to meet you. It’s always good to “meet” someone who has been through bad circumstances and made it through to the other side.

I am currently somewhere in the middle of my healing. Are you open to giving any specific support? I would be very interested in your journey! I am fueled by thoughts of finally attaining peace!

Idk if this opens a big can of worms, but for example, I am also in a relationship, and at the moment I am reading Laura Davis’ Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love was Sexually Abused as a Child. I am reading it rather than giving it to my partner (MG) because I want to understand more of what it’s like for him to be in a relationship with me.

Specifically, I want to learn how to self-manage my “Self-Absorption Phase” a little better so that I am able to be more of an equal partner to him, rather than being so self-absorbed with my healing all the time. The book makes it very clear that a Self-Absorption Phase is very normal and very necessary! So I don’t feel extraordinarily terrible about it, but yet, I do feel bad for my partner if he’s not getting what he needs during this phase.

Did you go through a Self-Absorption Phase at all while with your husband? Or did you get through a phase like that, and then meet him?

Sorry if this is intrusive and more than what you’d be willing to share. But, haha, I guess I’m not afraid to ask for support!

Warm welcome to you,
Progress
Benjamin

Re: Worked as a medical editor

Post by Benjamin »

Be positive and patiency you will succeed in your life.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail