It's all gonna be okay...

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Shivty

It's all gonna be okay...

Post by Shivty »

So, I don't know if anyone remembers me talking about my roommate kicking me out June 30th even though my government housing isn't ready til the 6th. She was also going to have me store myself outside. I was gonna stay in a shady motel and store my stuff outside.

Two days ago she said she would tell the new tenants not to come til the 6th. I thanked her for the offer and asked her to think it over because every fight we have had seems to be about stuff she "helped" me with.

But yesterday she said, "please stay. I feel so guilty. And God says if I help you He'll help me. I could tell she was sincere. I checked in with everyone and they said yes. And so here we are. And we got the yes for the 6th.

My doctor has stopped me from working right now so we have a lot of spare time and I gotta say I realize it's all gonna be okay.

We are gonna have moments of terror, but I have done a lot to make sure we stay busy.

I started a difficult painting I've been wanting to do. I made DBT cheat sheets to carry in my pocket. I've started sticking to a schedule. I've been calling crisis line when I need them or peer line when I need them. I have a hospital follow up I can call in to. I've found shows to watch. I'm 95% packed. I gotta chill and help the body and system settle down, but today it's gonna be okay.
Oceantide

Re: It's all gonna be okay...

Post by Oceantide »

Shivty,
Yes, I remember your earlier post, and am very glad to hear things worked out for you with your housing transition situation. I'm glad you are starting your new painting and are following a helpful schedule and using crisis support lines when needed. Yes, it's gonna be okay. Take good care, Oceantide
Progress

Re: It's all gonna be okay...

Post by Progress »

YES! Great job! You were in such an awful situation with such uncertainty. But here you are plowing through it, doing the darn well best you can. So happy for you and the hard work you’re doing!
Progress