replies

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

orangeflower

replies

Post by orangeflower »

Replying to posts with no replies... I might not be helpful?! But I can't bear it seeing someone with no replies. Maybe I need to work on ''my stuff'' around this. Does this make me ''a bad person''... I guess I was made to feel alone so much when little (maybe this is why I reply even if my replies are not useful :( idk...
WonderSun

Re: replies

Post by WonderSun »

Sending hugs 🫂🫂 it’s ok to feel that empathy for others like that, it doesn’t mean your replies aren’t helpful. Just being there for someone else can be the greatest help to know they’re not alone. I think it’s admirable to reply, even if it’s only to say that you’ve read their post. I’d find that helpful personally.

You’re worthy of so much more than you realise, orangeflower!! 🫂🫂 And you’re definitely NOT a bad person, that much I know for sure. It’s kind and very thoughtful to reply to someone else like that, after knowing how alone you felt. I’m my opinion, that’s really admirable and something to feel proud of x
Don’t apologise for being in pain, own it, feel it, let it out…
Progress

Post by Progress »

Omg, I think it’s fabulous when you reply to an older post! There are only good outcomes that can come from it, like everything WonderSun mentioned.

The original poster might read it and feel supported. Everyone else might read it and find it to be a helpful topic for them right now. I think it’s great to revive posts.

When you respond to an older post, sometimes I look through the most recent posts there and I find something I’ve written, and I don’t remember writing it at all. I think seeing my own old posts and forcing myself to remember that I wrote it, is very helpful to me.

Maybe I'm missing a possible negative, but I just can’t think of any drawbacks.

I don’t think there’d anything wrong with you for doing this either! I think its kind, compassionate, and in general, a very good move!

Pls keep it up! :-)

Progress
FireAshes

Post by FireAshes »

I have to agree with Progress and WonderSun on this one!

Such a positive reinforcement for so many people. I feel ya on that one. I know I would be bummed if no one replied to my posts....so, keep it up! I think that's such an amazing quality that you have. It inspires me to do the same.
quixote

Post by quixote »

I think it's wonderful that you reply to posts. Keep up the good work!
Noideamydude

Post by Noideamydude »

It's extremely cool that you do that!