Intro Post

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

FreshAir

Intro Post

Post by FreshAir »

Hello all, I recently joined this forum to try to connect with people who might be able to understand or relate to me. I endured a very traumatic childhood/upbringing and unfortunately had to move back in with the family at the beginning of the pandemic. Currently I'm struggling to find a suitable job and regain my financial independence. Most of my friendships have deteriorated since moving back so I've been feeling very isolated and alone for quite a while and hope joining this forum can help with that. It's been a difficult period for me and I often feel unsafe talking openly with people about my experiences. The idea of talking to a therapist (stranger) has always scared me, but I am at a point where I am really desperate for relief and hoping to find the means to be able to afford to start seeing one soon. Thank you for letting me join and I hope that we can be a good becaon of support and encouragement to each other.
Last edited by Serenity on Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
Progress

Re: Intro Post

Post by Progress »

Welcome freshair!

This is a wonderful place to connect with people. Glad you found it and I look forward to your posts. :-)

Progress
greendreamdays

Post by greendreamdays »

Hi FreshAir, welcome to the forum. A good therapeutic relationship takes time to build like any other relationship. You don't need to spill everything or share more than you are comfortable with especially at the beginning. A good therapist will help you navigate your boundaries and create a space for you to share what you want to share when you are ready.
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi FreshAir, and welcome to isurvive. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Freshair

A warm welcome from me too ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Rosahope

Post by Rosahope »

Welcome FreshAir!
RiseandThrive

Post by RiseandThrive »

Hi FreshAir and welcome. I can relate. I know what it's like to live with the abuser. isurvive is a good place.
Noideamydude

Post by Noideamydude »

Hi FreshAir and a very warm welcome : )
Oceantide

Post by Oceantide »

Welcome, FreshAir! I think you'll find this to be a very supportive place to share honestly.