Favorite Animal

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Progress

Favorite Animal

Post by Progress »

frog

I love frogs. I love how they transform from underwater creatures into underwater AND land creatures. They become air AND water breathers, and legged hopper/jumpers who also swim for a living! They survive in both water and land. They need both I think. So cool. They turn a beautiful color green. Magnificent!

I love the sound of spring peepers and the croaking of bullfrogs in the summer. And is there any better word in the English language than pollywog?

I’m so curious about other’s favorite animal.
Rosahope

Re: Favorite Animal

Post by Rosahope »

I love dogs. If it is possible I want one. But first it has to go better with me.
Progress

Post by Progress »

Hi rosahope,

Aww I love dogs too! I hope you get one, one day.

Progress
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Unquestionably dogs are my fav. I don't have one now, though.

I like the personality and inquisitiveness of Japanese small-footed otters. There are many starring on Youtube channels. Very cute but very noisy!
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Chiming in to say I am all for this topic! I always have trouble picking favorites so don't look for a specific response from me for a while. I just love animals. The variety, personality, self-sufficiency, love, I could go on and on. I find animals to be fascinating. I can't wait see the favorites of those within our community. Great idea, Progress!

- gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

I think llamas have very sweet faces.

Years ago when I moved out after unexpected divorce, I put pictures of baby animals all around my bathroom mirror. They were to remind me that there are still sweet things, kind creatures and beings that make you smile, in the world.
Shelly

Post by Shelly »

I love all the animals but one of my favorites are sea lions they are cute, can be sweet, and smart!
Last edited by Serenity on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
Noideamydude

Post by Noideamydude »

I've recently got massively into opossums. There are some rehabbers on Facebook who post fantastic videos of delightful trash cats.
orangeflower

Post by orangeflower »

Bears, especially bear cubs.
Redisfinallyfree

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

I love cats! They have been a tremendous source of love, entertainment, fun, and friendship since I was very small. One, Buffy, was my guardian angel as a frequently sick child who was neglected during every illness. Another, Speedy, went on walks with me and my dog. The dog and I played hide and seek with the cat when he’d stop to sniff flowers or something else and lag behind us. My current cat, Tiger, is nineteen years old now and my kids refer to her as Grandma since she is the senior citizen in the house and because my mother never acted like a grandmother to them and their Real Grandma died a while back. When the kids were small, Tiger had a “perch” where she loved to lay at the top of our stairs to “look down on her kingdom”. She used to steal the kids beanie babies and take them to her perch. One day, she accidentally knocked one down to the floor below where the kids were playing. One of them picked it up and ran upstairs to give it back to Tiger. As soon as my daughter got back downstairs and sat down again, Tiger knocked the beanie baby down again. That started many years of Tiger making my kids and sometimes their friends play “fetch the beanie” for her. The stinker NEVER let me catch her on video. The second the camera turned on, she quit playing. So, yep, cats are definitely my fav. Love most animals though.