Re: Kokoschka says... is back...

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Hello everyone vets and new,
I'm kind of popping in again, back from my self imposed exile๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Would love to hear from you ladies and gentleman, how are you doing? hope l still have all the names right:

Coconuts
DancingFish
Chessgirl
There
Crow
Honeybera

If l forgot someone l used to be in touch with, my apologies, my head isn't exactly where it should be these days..

My best to you all, Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Welcome back kokoschka!

Mornings have been the worst part of my day lately, but this morning I checked my isurvive first thing and was so pleased to see you are back! Thank you for bringing a little sunshine to my day. Iโ€™m in my third trimester now expecting baby #2. Itโ€™s been a rough pregnancy with a lot of anxiety and depression. Still, I try to remember my many blessings and find joy in the journey every day. Been thinking of you quite often! I do not blame you for taking a little break. We all need that sometimes. Iโ€™m so curious to know how you have been! When you feel up to it, please give us an update!
Chessgirlโ™Ÿ
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Hello Chessgirl and CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's wonderful news!!! Wish you a wonderful and easy time while you look forward to becoming a mom again!!! And THANK YOU for your warm welcome!! It did really good to read your good words!!

I'll get back to you all later. The ophthalmologist is supposed to be an expert in his field but he's complete jerk where empathy and sensitivity are concerned. So l'm sitting this morning in the eye emergency he sent me too without knowing what to expect.

Have a good day and enjoy the soon to be mother again feeling๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ˜ป
Last edited by Serenity on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Kokoschka!!! It is so lovely to see you. :D As Chessgirl said, quite brightened up my morning, and I've wondered how you've been doing! Things are going alright here, just been trying to adjust to a new job and feeling a bit snowed under for a while.

Aw I'm sorry the ophthalmologist hasn't been very kind. :/ Hope it goes okay at the eye emergency place, if okay let us know how you get on. Best wishes to you dearest Kokoschka. :)
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome back kokoschka. So nice to see you.
I'm up and down lately. But we are making progress.

Hoping the eye stuff went okay. Sorry about the insensitive ophthalmologist.

Hoping things are okay otherwise.
Coconuts
Be the Light ๐ŸŒŸ in someone's night.
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Thank you all๐Ÿ’•
Had to have eye surgery. Will write ASAP.

Kokoschka๐Ÿ™
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Hope surgery goes smoothly
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Hello everyone,

Dancingfish,
Hope the new job is to your liking which is the main thing, the rest will come as you work through it. Wish you the best.

Coconuts, how are you doing? You sure are the mother of some mighty "tribe" for that kid to be able to go off to Ghana for 2 years!! RESPECT and ADMIRATION!!! You must have done a couple of things right in your life after all๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

As for me, things aren't going so well. My husband has been diagnosed with the BIG C so we're trying to deal with it as best we can. He's getting treatment (pills and shots) no chemo or radiation so far and hopefully none at all will be necessary. Allegedly, we're in the best of hands... but it is still quite rough and scary as except for the "gods in white or green" we're completely on our own with this monster. All arrangements calls, appointments are on me, as my husband doesn't speak the language. As common in these places personnel are not all very kind and should have chosen to work in the pathology instead. But then someone kind does come along who can make your day.

I'll need to have eye surgery again soon to remove the silicon they stuffed in. Imagine, getting silicone in the eye๐Ÿฅด of all places. My retina felt like going places and detached itself in part but luckily got caught in the act.

I let go of that "friend" from school l'd reconnected with after centuries whom l wrote here about. She started to go all smug on me, treating me like the needy cousin she'd graciously spare a few words for on whatsapp. F*** her!! Not again at 70!!

It's kind of horrifying for me that my husband's disease, of all things, should be the "motor" behind my new found "courage". But l MUST get stuff done, if not for me, for him!

OK, so l've been going on here for a while. Now l'll let you go, take care ye all๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŒป
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Oh man do sorry about your h's health. That is always frightening. How difficult it must be for him having to rely on you. But how strong you are to go to and get it done.

Yikes about the eye, not good. But good on you for setting boundaries with old acquaintance and not allowing that which isn't good or doesn't serve you well to wander around causing turmoil in your life.

Thanks, this boy is off for an adventure for sure. Im not sure I'm ready lol. But he has a big heart. And I'm curious and excited to see the maturation and growth that comes from this experience. Even if I will miss him dearly.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Kokoschka

Iโ€™m so very sorry to hear of your husbands health. You are such a strong and brave woman to be dealing with all of this, on top of a childhood of pain. The eye surgery Iโ€™m sure just adds to the stress of it all. Iโ€™m really proud of you for putting your foot down with the friend. Itโ€™s better to have no friends than to have people who are not genuine and loyal. You deserve so much better than that! You have such a lovely positive attitude despite all that is going on. Iโ€™m so very glad to have you back with us. Thinking of you this week and wishing you happy healing vibes as we approach the holidays.
Chessgirlโ™Ÿ