Survival

Discussion area for adult survivors who are afraid they might hurt others physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally. Also an area for those who have harmed someone physically, sexually, emotionally, and/or verbally and want to heal. Sexual addiction can also be discussed.

Moderators: Harmony, Aspen, ajei

nelson

Survival

Post by nelson »

How do I survive?
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
becomingbutterfly

Re: Survival

Post by becomingbutterfly »

nelson, just take one day at a time. One moment. One breath. Remember to breathe. You're going to make it. If I can ask, what do you do that helps you survive?

For me, I just try to feel the pain, try to express it by writing it, write poetry, draw, do something to get it out. Then I attempt to keep going with whatever I am doing. Sending you lots of loving support.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Breathe out and in,
Hold on,
Remember you are not alone.
Ask for help and let help in.

warm support,
Harmony
nelson

Post by nelson »

Responsibility other than myself.
Aspen

Post by Aspen »

Nelson,

It's hard to juggle healing, anguish, and responsibilities. Talk with your T about it, many of us have jobs and family responsibilities, and honestly some of the less important stuff may have to move further back for a little while. Holding it together for work can be hard, but after the initial shock in healing, work can be a welcome distraction at times. One moment at a time, and be as kind to you as you can. Healing can be kind of like trying to put together a puzzle that has none of the pictures lining up, but with time and help, the picture becomes more clear.

You're not alone.

Aspen
englishrose

Post by englishrose »

hi nelson

you have survived. how did you survive when you were small. that was the hardest thing for a child to have to live though alone but you did it. and you have great kids to prove it too how great a person you are.
the question how do we survive. we do. we have, we can. we deserve to.
one step. one day. one moment.
englishrose
nelson

Post by nelson »

I am the abuser.
The only abuse is self inflicted.
I am the abuser.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

nelson,
That is only what the abuser taught you. You were an innocent child taught to take abuse as love. No wonder you get confused and hurt yourself. Please allow yourself a little do over. Grace, oppsy daisy. Everyone makes mistakes and does wrong. The survivors get back up and try all over again. Get mad get frustrated but do not give up. If you can not go on call for help in 3D.

warmly as ever,
Harmony
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Nelson,

You're not, and everyone slips up from time to time. Keep going, you can do this, and you and your family are worth it.

Here for you, with nothing but caring, compassion, and acceptance. You're not alone.

Lydia
Vulnerability is the most accurate measure of courage.-Brene Brown
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi nelson

You can get through this. Call for 3D support, talk to your sister, email me and we can make plans to meet in the chat room.
Dig deep and fight hard.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org