An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

merlin

Post by merlin »

Hi to everyone.

Just to make myself known to you all.

The name is Merlin, needless to say, I'm here because I was abused as a child, beaten by my father, emotionally abused by my mother, a hell of a childhood and it has followed me through my life.

I'm in a slightly dark place at the moment so won't tell you my full story yet, most of which I don't remember anyway. Most of my life has been in therapy of one sort or another, counselling, hypnotherapy, group therapy, but it wasn't going anywhere.

A few years ago I moved away from my home town, nearly two hundred miles, and found a counsellor. I am happy here, more relaxed, it's a new start. Because I was in new surroundings, there were no triggers and found I was covering more ground and learning more about my life. This, however, is causing flashbacks, stress and discomfort, to put it mildly. I'm hoping to find support in the things I am going to have to face (my own demons), but also give support to members of the group if I can.

Regards merlin
Last edited by Serenity on Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
Rosahope

Re: New member

Post by Rosahope »

Welcome Merlin!
Scars

Post by Scars »

Welcome to isurvive, Merlin.

There is power in telling your story and being believed and heard multiplies that power. That's what you you will find here...when you are ready, and at your own pace.

scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
joyagain

Post by joyagain »

Hi Merlin,

Glad your here and hope you're settling in, feeling and discovering support and safety in this group.

joyagain
"Doubt is a beautiful thing. I think when faith is true, it can be under scrutiny. And I think that's the greatest value of true faith is being able to question it objectively and still believe it." Tyler Henry
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi, merlin and welcome to isurvive. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
grandma in pain

Post by grandma in pain »

Welcome to isurvive, Merlin. I'm so sorry for all that you have been through, however, I'm very glad that you have found us. Go at your own pace and share however much you choose whenever you are ready to.

grandma in pain
You will forever be in my heart...
(Member since March 21, 2008; 1324 previous posts)
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Welcome Merlin,

We hope you find the comfort and company for healing here. This is a place to be heard and support ourselves. Glad you found us. You matter here. You are important.

with care,
Harmony
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi merlin

A very warm welcome from me too ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
quixote

Post by quixote »

Hi Merlin,
It is good to know that you plan to both get and give support. You are a good team member.