Making progress at night

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Shivty

Making progress at night

Post by Shivty »

*Trigger warning: mentions the word abuse and flashbacks and discusses feelings associated with CPTSD*

I just moved and I've had to readjust my sleep because my body thinks I'm in danger even though I'm not. For the first 5 nights I didn't sleep at all. Then I started sleeping but having memories of abuse and my body would wake up in crisis. I'd call the crisis line, but struggled. Tonight I woke up at midnight but I was not as triggered. I could not fall back to sleep but I was able to use my crisis kit - which I haven't been able to do at night previously. I've painted, done a sticker puzzle book, found and listened to music I love. I mean it sucks I can't sleep but I'm so excited to make some progress!
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
Progress

Re: Making progress at night

Post by Progress »

Hooray!!!!!!

Happy to hear about this!

Progress
plantsandtigers

Post by plantsandtigers »

Ah brilliant Shivty!

It makes me happy to think of you doing those lovely activities to not only ease the suffering but to enjoy yourself! Thats prompted me to try something similar the next time I can't sleep.
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Making a positive move, making progress in life, outstanding.
Last edited by Serenity on Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail