What does your username represent?

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

orangeflower

Re: What does your username represent?

Post by orangeflower »

I wanted something a bit different to who I am on another forum. I'm hoping for less of the storms (and bad things/feelings).... We have multicoloured tulips outside our window. (including orange).
Scars

Post by Scars »

All my nicknames were taken so I started abbreviations. Scarlett became Scars.
Then I read a post that said "Don't ever be ashamed of the scars life has left you with. A scar means the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of....start seeing your scars as a sign of strength and not pain."
So, scars seems to fit where i am in my healing journey and I decided to keep it. It is the name of a warrior dedicated to move from surviving to thriving.

scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
Redisfinallyfree

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

This is a great thread! I chose my screen name because I have felt like I was imprisoned by the things that were done to and said to me by my birth family as a child and throughout my adulthood whenever I was in contact with them. They twisted everything so that, no matter what, I was to blame. I could never figure out what was wrong with me or what I had done to deserve all they did and said to me.

Writing about my memories and then READING what I wrote exposed the truth of what they had done. After that I knew that none of it was my fault. I was free from the crushing guilt. Freedom from guilt made me free from any sense of obligation that I had to them. I may not be fully free from the effects of their abuse, but I am free to realize what those effects are and to heal from them. I was born with auburn hair and people always called me “Red”. So, “Red is finally free” is about how I feel now. I am free to discover and be the real ME.
OtterlyHeartfelt

Post by OtterlyHeartfelt »

I love the idea of this thread too! My name is multifold in meaning. I have always felt akin to otters. They are playful, joyous, family focused, and seem to be made to make others laugh in delight. These are things I am or want to be. Heartfelt is very much my wish to express to others, a word that implies kindness and empathy and sincerity. Lastly, the play on words represents me in a lot of ways. I love words and writing, I love a good pun, and I love to laugh lightheartedly at simple things like puns.
~ Otter
Featherlight

Post by Featherlight »

Feathers are amazing things. They are soft and light but very strong. The light is where I am heading, out of the darkness of the past. And I would love to be able to fly, to just leap off the ground and soar, so I am Featherlight. (I like it more after writing this!)

Otters always make me smile too.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
— Emily Dickinson
Food

Post by Food »

Hi Crow,
I love that you asked this question! Honestly I just love eating food so…yeah.lol!
Oceantide

Post by Oceantide »

Food, I love your answer. I love eating food as well :D

I have no idea what my username represents...I have DID and clearly another part chose it! :lol:
I do love oceans, though, and I think tides are cool...
Flipside

Post by Flipside »

This is a great post, the meanings behind the names is so varied and interesting.
Flipside comes from a novel I read years and years ago, it was the name one of the characters used in an online forum. It spoke to me. Flipside comes the second side of a vinyl record, the less well known b side. Here, I can be the less well known side of me.
Last edited by Serenity on Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
LittleChalupa

Post by LittleChalupa »

I used to work front desk in a local community health center. The clinic I worked in had an urgent care. There was this urgent care doctor that was kinda like a big kid. You know nerf guns, cracking jokes always bringing baked goods his wife made. Anyway, every single night when he was leaving for the night he would always walk by the front desk and say "Good night my Little Chalupas." I was really devastated when I had to leave but it turns out that burnout while trying to heal parts during covid and checking in around 200 patients a day is a real thing. So when I was trying to come up with my username, all I could think about was when he used to call us Little Chalupas.
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
jrholman

Post by jrholman »

My unborn daughter's name is Juniper hence the J. Juniper trees can survive even if they have been split in two. They simply conserve water and their roots can grow up to 100 feet long. The R is my middle initial and the Holman is a last name somewhere in my family tree.

Edited from NT to MT