Sweet surrender

For all members who enjoy writing poetry or who use poetry to express their strongest emotions.
Please be advised this area can be triggering, so read cautiously.

Moderator: Jonesy

Oceantide

Sweet surrender

Post by Oceantide »

I want it
I crave it
It seduces me
It reduces me
To a ball of
Ahead of pounds
A pounding ball head
I dream of it
I relax with it
I crave it
More than life
So I surrender to it
Dissolution
Into the void
Mar 17, 2021
there

Re: Sweet surrender

Post by there »

Oceantide,
I really get the feeling of your experience.

At the risk of sounding dense, are you surrendering to 'dissolution into the void'?
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Oceantide

Post by Oceantide »

there, tbh I'm not sure what I was thinking when I wrote this (another part of me writes these poems) but I do think I was talking about "dissolution into the void." I know that's had a seductive pull for us.

I was embarrassed after posting the poem (I think I even tried to have Jonesy delete it for me) because I'm pretty sure it's a manifestation of my programming. Not that *I* should feel shame for what *they* did to me. But I do. My shame after posting the poem was really powerful. So thanks for responding and helping me normalize it.
there

Post by there »

Oh, wow! I'm addressing shame, too!
Dr. Chris Germer ---Shame and Self-Compassion-- an amazing, healing talk on YouTube. Also, doing EFT with Brad Yates on YouTube- - Shame about Circumstances . They've been helping me.

I bet a lot of people want to dissolve into the void st times. Probably not limited to abuse survivors.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.