A Pretty Tale...... :)

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

LifeMasque

A Pretty Tale...... :)

Post by LifeMasque »

[Dear Serenity/Mods - Please try not to remove the Link here. It is FREE to read online, No COPYRIGHT infringement, Oscar has been dead over a hundred years now. Just Sayin'... :) ]

Not one of MINE this time! No, from a Writer I admire - Mr Oscar Wilde.
We had a book of his Children's Stories when I was a Kid. This was my Favourite... It has some pithy sarcasm and irony for adult readers, but Is a Lovely tale of Love, Devotion and Self Sacrifice. And the ending used to make me cry a little - very sad but Beautiful at the Very end....

You can read it online here. Only 6 pages.. My Theatrical BIG BRO once sang the Lead role (Tenor) in an OPERA based on it. SOME of the music was nice, some a bit weird and atonal for MY Ear, grown up on MOZART.. LoL :D

The HAPPY PRINCE - by Oscar Wilde

https: // www(dot)wilde-online(dot)info/the-happy-prince.html

“He looks just like an angel,” said the Charity Children as they came out of the cathedral in their bright scarlet cloaks and their clean white pinafores.
“How do you know?” said the Mathematical Master, “you have never seen one.”
“Ah! but we have, in our dreams,” answered the children; and the Mathematical Master frowned and looked very severe, for he did not approve of children Dreaming...

Hmm, took me about 11 minutes to read. Worth your time I assure you. :) I was taking in Fine Story Tellers at a young age... :)

"Do yerself a Favour", as we say 'round these here parts....
Last edited by Serenity on Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited external link as per guidelines
LifeMasque

Re: A Pretty Tale...... :)

Post by LifeMasque »

... I was always a rather Celtic-ly melancholy boy, way before the Abuses started....

eg - When I was about 3, my Mum used to sing me a song about a Lonely little Petunia in an Onion Patch. "Won't SOMEONE come and play with me?"
I used to feel DESPERATELY sad for that Poor Litte Petunia.. *I* wanted to go play with her... Awww.... 😢
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi LifeMasque

Thanks for sharing.

Just a quick note about external links. Our rules about links aren't only about copyright issues. We don't allow direct external links at all, as we can't verify the content of every link, and we don't know what each individual member will find triggering, etc. However, you can post links (so long as they aren't personally identifiable) replacing the periods with (dot) as I did in your original post here. That way if others wish to check it out, they can copy, paste and replace the periods. This is simply a safety measure for everyone. As always, if you have any questions you can always reach out. We're here to help.

With care
Serenity
LifeMasque

Post by LifeMasque »

DEAREST ((((Serenity))))

Thanks AND Non Secular ((((BLESSINGS)))) To you for Caring for VERY DAMAGED ((((Fellow Travelers)))).

I DID think twice about posting This Treasured Memory of an AWESOME Writer who BLESSED My Childhood... and inspired ME to Write with my ABSORBED GIFTS from them. 😊 I think My "Little", D aged8 (KIND of a DID Inner Voice) posted this to Delight and Wrench the HEARTS of Inner CHILDREN. I keep BLOWING THE GAFF here, don't I? 😊 I understand YOUR feelings, and was a BIT worried that the Last Two paragraphs mentioned G*D.. but in the Nicest, KINDEST, Most Poignant pretty WAY way, No Religious Horror I Knew SO WELL! . And I had AS MUCH/MORE to reproach Christian Religion for the TOXIC Guilt, Horror and Shame in inflicted upon ME as a Way Guilty Little Boy...

While I hate to Judge - and you DID give the CHOICE to the Curious, Thank You!, to READ what I WANT people to READ - It is my opinion, as Dr Jordan Peterson says - we can't TOO CODDLE people from reading Challenging things. We can't BUBBLE WRAP those we Love from anything Challenging, or else they will have No Defense against the SHARP CORNERS that WILL afflict them In Life. We need to be Strong, and Meet adversity with Strength. Learn to Meet and Cope with Challenge and Adversity. We ARE STRONG and can COPE with Adversity, or we would NOT be Here Writing and SHARING with our Friends we Feel PASSIONATELY for! 😊!

I am afraid I find this all a bit "Maximum Security", which I find a little daunting. We HAVE to DEAL with Challenge. But here I find I am Rippling Your Waters Again. 😊 To Feel a bit CENSORED kind of Cramps My Confrontational STYLE. I had to CHALLENGE ME to look at the Horrors and DEAL with them, not pretend they Don't Exist, Not MENTION them at all. MY opinion, I think this Stifles GROWTH. Or we Risk SNOWFLAKING our Friends, stop them for feeling Challenged and GROWING from it..
So I guess I will Stop RIPPLING your Waters here, and go where my - rather more UNCENSORED Thoughts can PROVOKE this.

It has been NICE to be at your site, and TELL MY STORIES (oh My, How EGOTISTICAL! 😊 ) And have some Nice Replies that they have helped.

I wish you all "An ABSOLUTE GOOD!" - Schinder's List...

A Friendly Samaritan(Oops, B*ble again!, there i GO!! 😊) you Met on The HARD ROAD..

KIND REGARDS and THANKS for Your Time!

Love
LM