Low Self Opinion......

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

LifeMasque

Low Self Opinion......

Post by LifeMasque »

I sure suffered from THIS as a Kid, and Beyond. Thought everything I did was Crap because *I* had Wrought it, and that if it was ANY GOOD, someone ELSE would have done it Already. And Isolation and Trust Issues.

Just want to share a little More of the Wisdom of Henry Rollins here. Who had a BRUTAL childhood and sever Depression Issues. He is a Writer, Inspirational SPEAKER and Musician (although he claims he is a Vocalist, NOT a SINGER -"I can't carry a TUNE in a BUCKET.."). Hope he won't mind me using him again. I'll truncate the Lyrics again here, and hope I have Adequate Attributions. I am sure he would not Mind in the Least, he WROTE this Song for a REASON

SONG: Low Self Opinion
Writer: Henry Rollins
Album: End of SILENCE
MNRK Music Group (on behalf of Imago); LatinAutorPerf, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc.

I think you got a low self opinion man
I see you standing all by yourself
Unable to express the pain of your distress
You withdraw deeper inside
[....]
Get yourself a break from self rejection
Try some introspection
And you just might find
It´s not so bad and anyway
At the end of the day
All you have is yourself and your mind
[...]
If you could see the you that I see
When I see you seeing me
You´d see yourself so differently
Believe me
Redisfinallyfree

Re: Low Self Opinion......

Post by Redisfinallyfree »

This is so beautiful, LifeMasque.

Thanks so much for sharing. I can really relate to the low self-opinion thing. Been wrestling with that my whole life. I loved the song’s words and have been doing exactly what they say to do this year and have been learning to see my own self differently. I’m starting to believe that I’m not so bad after all. Be good to you.

Redisfinallyfree
LifeMasque

Re: Low Self Opinion......

Post by LifeMasque »

Hi Red :D

Glad you enjoyed it, hope you looked up the WHOLE lyrics - there is More. "Unable to Express - the Pain of your Distress" hits me hardest. I couldn't express it for 36 years.. (Plus it's a Double Internal Rhyming Scheme! :D ) Henry is Awesome, and my Avatar/Sensai for expressing Anger and Strength. I am not a Complete MOOCHER off him, I bought two of his books, from his Own Publishing company. "Pissing in the Gene Pool" and "Art to Choke Hearts". :)

Henry answers letters from fans asking his advice, and will ask around for help for those folk, if he has no answer of his own from HIS experience. Like we ALL do in places like this. He is part of MY adopted Writer's Voice too. Peace Be Upon him. And YOU! :D