Saying Hi

This is a place for old members to come and share how their healing journeys have progressed.
Its also a place for those members to reconnect and share their experiences.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Faith

Saying Hi

Post by Faith »

Hi, all.

I am a VERY old timer! :lol: First joined isurvive in 2003. (Has it really been almost 20 years!?!!) I knew all the way in the early years (2003-2005) that the plan was for me to help hurting women. I am now in professional ministry helping hurting women heal. This ministry provides a one-year program -- completely free of charge -- for six women at a time to heal from their painful pasts and transition back into the world. The ministry provides free housing, classes that help residents learn to love themselves, and the opportunity to develop work skills as they volunteer in the ministry's thrift store, which helps cover the cost of the program. Many of our residents struggle with substance abuse, and all have experienced trauma. I regularly share wisdom with them that I learned here. :)

I never thought I would say this back in the day, but I'm at peace with my past. Believe it or not, I'm even thankful for it because my own healing journey is what has enabled me to help so many others. I wish we lived in a world where services like isurvive and my ministry are not needed. But they are, so I'm glad I can be a part of helping women heal. I share my story annually with the residents and emphasize that if I can heal, then ANYONE can. There are no lost causes, not even me. :D

I love all of you. Keep fighting. Keep believing. Never, ever give up. There's joy and peace on the other side. :)
~ Faith

++++

After the rain, the rainbow. ~ Author Unknown
greendreamdays

Re: Saying Hi

Post by greendreamdays »

Hi Faith, a very uplifting message indeed! I have learned so much from the survivors on this site too, and though I am no longer in an abusive situation I’m very much in the middle of my struggle. I’m a man but I’ll be going to a treatment place that sounds similar to where you work. Glad to know there are people like you out there. Survivors helping survivors are some of the most powerful allies. It’s good to know things can get better. <3
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Faith

It's very, very good to see you and to soak up your wonderful words ;)
Sounds like you are doing strong work my friend, proud to read of that - don't be a stranger
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Faith

Post by Faith »

Thank you both.

Jonesey, it is always so great to hear from you, no matter the circumstances. :D
~ Faith

++++

After the rain, the rainbow. ~ Author Unknown
Scars

Post by Scars »

thank you for this post, Faith.
it filled me with hope.
scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
Rosahope

Post by Rosahope »

Thanks for sharing. It is giving me hope.
Progress

Post by Progress »

This hit me right in the feels. You have a generous caring spirit. If the world had more people like you, we would all be better off.

Progress
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi Faith,

It is great that you made your way back to the site. I remember you from long ago. Glad to hear of your continued healing and positive life experiences. I have always said living well is the only revenge.

Harmony
plantsandtigers

Post by plantsandtigers »

Hi Faith,

I really needed some hope from someone who had been through it, thank you so much for taking the time to share with us. It sounds like you have found your purpose and your peace - more power to you, and to all of us on our roads to healing.

Well done.
plantsandtigers
earthhorse

Post by earthhorse »

Faith,

Thank you so much for dropping in.

Thank you for your courage and wisdom. Really needed to hear this today.

All my love,
EH
"One kind word can warm three winter months"