Non triggering books for incest survivor

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

BlueLady

Non triggering books for incest survivor

Post by BlueLady »

I find a lot of work books for survivors of incest seem to include descriptions that are pretty disturbing! I read one from Rebuild Your Life website that just casually describes "examples" of incest and I'm like... dude tf!?

I don't need to be reassured I experienced incest and csa at this point I just need to work on myself and would rather not have to read the gritty details of abuse in "examples" no thank you...

Amy recommended books? I want to focus on the positive and moving forward.
quixote

Re: Non triggering books for incest survivor

Post by quixote »

BlueLady,
The Lord Of The Rings trilogy is non-triggerable. It is all about adventure and brave people who try to save Middle Earth!
The first three movies are good, too, and, much shorter!
Oceantide

Re: Non triggering books for incest survivor

Post by Oceantide »

I also really struggle to find non-triggering books. For a long time I only read children's books. Those can be triggering as well, but I found some sweet, clever, humorous ones like the Freddy the Pig series (27 books by Walter R. Brooks). One YA book I liked was Esperanza Rising. I'm currently reading Robin Wall Kimmener's Braiding Sweetgrass. I'll be following this thread to see what others recommend!