Why so quiet?

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

WonderSun

Why so quiet?

Post by WonderSun »

How come the forums are so quiet? I've posted some really difficult stuff lately and now feels really 'out there' that I might request it's deletion. I wish it wasn't so painful :cry:
Don’t apologise for being in pain, own it, feel it, let it out…
orangeflower

Re: Why so quiet?

Post by orangeflower »

I’ve been on a different forum recently and have felt similar, I don’t think it’s personal but can feel exposing. Safe hugs.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

I think there are cycles. Could be lots of folks are having extra hard days ATM. Sorry you are feeling so vulnerable and I'm sorry if some of your posts have been unattended. That can be painful, I know.
Progress

Post by Progress »

Aw WonderSun,
Yeah, I think it’s just cycles too. Sometimes I’m rushing through reading up, no time to respond. Sometimes I’m triggered or dissociating and not really able to reply. I imagine it happens to other folks too.

Pls know I’ve read along and I do care.

Progress
Progress

Post by Progress »

PS Heck, there are times I feel so foggy that I struggle so hard to remember my isurvive username. I tend to go a little silent at those times, because sighhhh, I’m not really sure who I am at those times. I get a little insecure about posting.

Progress
orangeflower

Post by orangeflower »

I hope you don't delete it. I opened up a bit somewhere... it's hard for me. (painful, scary even..)

I get a bit insecure about posting sometimes too (for sure. maybe that is ''normal'' not that I know what ''normal'' is)

(eta did I even post that earlier post in this thread? It was me but wtf why did I say that. Yeah talk about ''insecure'' that's me :( (thud)
Last edited by Serenity on Wed May 18, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed NT to MT for profanity
WonderSun

Post by WonderSun »

orangeflower wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:41 pm I don’t think it’s personal but can feel exposing.
Thanks OrangeFlower, definitely feels exposing. Laying it all (well some) out there. Makes me feel quite naked in a way I guess. It’s not a nice feeling.

Didn’t mean to come across as so melodramatic, more just thinking/feeling out loud I guess! Hugs x

Watercolor wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:20 pm Sorry you are feeling so vulnerable and I'm sorry if some of your posts have been unattended.
Thanks, watercolor. I can imagine it’s tough reading others posts about their experiences, I know it is for me. I’m sorry if I came across all rude and demanding!!! I wasn’t trying to be all needy or expectant (which I’m truly not). It wasn’t specifically about that post, just feeling very vulnerable at the moment, and had just so happened to post difficult things and a combination of that and a load of shit going on at home too. All got too much 😭

Progress wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:56 am Sometimes I’m rushing through reading up, no time to respond. Sometimes I’m triggered or dissociating and not really able to reply…

Pls know I’ve read along and I do care.
Thanks, Progress. Means a lot that you replied, thank you. It is shitty sometimes, for sure. I hope I haven’t come across badly as that was not what was meant. Thank you for caring xx

Progress wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:49 am I get a little insecure about posting.
I hear you, Progress. Thank you xx it is tough at times, I get that! Such an emotional time right now 😔

orangeflower wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:44 pm I hope you don't delete it. I opened up a bit somewhere... it's hard for me. (painful, scary even..)
Orangeflower, I’ve not decided yet what to do. For now, it’s still there, but as it wasn’t solely about that post, the bigger thoughts prevail. Healing can be such a solitary experience! Just so emotional at the moment. There is so much happening right now.

I get what you mean about being ‘normal’. That’s such a trigger word for me, in so much as what does that even mean? What’s normal anyway? Who decides what’s normal and what isn’t?

And now my therapy session has had to change tomorrow. I only found out this evening. No therapy dog tomorrow, and a shorter session too. Just when I needed more… 😔

Thank you all for replying, I do really appreciate it! 🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂
Don’t apologise for being in pain, own it, feel it, let it out…
RiseandThrive

Post by RiseandThrive »

I'm sorry. I'm going through a hard time. I want to be more active, some times I read the posts and I am not in a position to reply. Other times I want to reply but I feel unable to express my thoughts.
FireAshes

Post by FireAshes »

I'm sorry you feel this way.

Don't delete - you never know when you are openly expressing something that others might be feeling too, and just knowing that they aren't alone in what they are feeling might just be enough to see them through that day.
Progress

Post by Progress »

You didn’t come across badly! Totally not! It’s a question I bet lots of us are curious about sometimes. Glad you put it out there!

I feel bad when sometimes someone responds with a thoughtful detailed response to something I’ve posted and I read it over and over because I’m learning something new. And I think to myself, when I fully understand this wisdom, I’ll respond “correctly”. And then I don’t respond….I lack focus sometimes!

Sighhhhhhh….Progress