Recent Change in Doctors

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Gurglesnap

Recent Change in Doctors

Post by Gurglesnap »

I recently lost my last psychologist to retirement, she was the first person I ever approached about my CSA. No, I did not cause her to retire, it was just her time. When this happened this was almost like the world ending for me. Yet, she referred me to a different doctor, who I am getting to know and is very nice. Losing the first was hard, but gaining the second has been a joy. Life is about transition and change, or at least that has been my experience. In a perfect world, I would still have my original psychologist, but it is not a perfect world. I will always respect and miss her, but now it is time to move forward. Be well.
Last edited by Serenity on Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
I will do what I must.

-Obi Wan Kenobi
Oceantide

Re: Recent Change in Doctors

Post by Oceantide »

Gurglesnap, It's great you have such a positive attitude about change. In my experience, change always brings some grieving at the loss, even when good things come from the change. I respect your ability to honor your first psychologist while welcoming the opportunity to grow and heal in new ways with the new one.
Gurglesnap

Re: Recent Change in Doctors

Post by Gurglesnap »

I owe an unpayable debt to that woman, the first Psychologist. From now to whenever, she will have my undying respect. The new one is not bad either. And thank you.
I will do what I must.

-Obi Wan Kenobi