Fear

A discussion area for anyone who loves a survivor and needs some support of their own.

Moderators: Aspen, Jonesy, Harbor

radladfly

Fear

Post by radladfly »

I am really struggling with fear. Both my husband and I are survivors of sexual abuse. I married my current husband with 4 baby daughters from a previous physically abusive marriage. My current husband and I had a son together. He recently shared with us the sexual abuse that he endured as a child in our home. My husband and I have had the opportunity to work on the healing for the damage that sexual abuse did to us. I am so scared for our son's welfare. I know it took me over twenty years to uncover and heal from the damage caused by the sexual abuse of my father. I hope that my son has the same opportunity to heal from the acts of violence done to him.
radladfly
Last edited by Aspen on Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
greendreamdays

Re: Fear

Post by greendreamdays »

I am so sorry to hear this. I think it is probably a parent's greatest fear to know that something like this has happened to their child after having suffering something similar. Having the support of a parent can make a world of difference especially when they are still young. I didn't tell my parents until I was an adult and other than the disclosure itself it's something we don't talk about because it seems there is nothing left to say. The window for that closed along time ago and now my healing is in my own hands. It is very lonely. If I had the memories and the supportive parents much earlier in my life things would have been radically different.
I hope you can see your strength in all of this and the courage it takes to share. And I hope you can see how deserving you are of your own compassion. You have a strong family.
radladfly

Post by radladfly »

Thank you for your reply greendreamdays,
I appreciate your reminder to give myself compassion. Yes, we do have a strong family.
I hope that you have a good day today! I am sorry for what you have had to endure.
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
the husband

Post by the husband »

I'm sorry to hear of this, radladfly

Your son has parents who were ready to believe him, understand his journey, and have done the work themselves. That's a better start than most get. I wish you all well in moving forward together.
radladfly

Post by radladfly »

the husband,
Thank you for the encouraging words. It means a lot.
Last edited by Serenity on Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail