Neglect and Abuse

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

dustbunnies

Neglect and Abuse

Post by dustbunnies »

How can I move on? Your voice has become an endless record player in my mind, shouting all the misfortunes I have caused for our family. I am unworthy of living, you remind me. The verbal abuse and emotional neglect would not be so difficult to deal with if you had not decided to medically neglect me. While I suffered for years and continue to suffer with illnesses I do not understand, you mock me and tell me I am a liar. When did you decide I was a liar? Did I ever lie when I told you my suffering? No, yet you treat me like a monster. Now you just ignore me, and you wonder why I am the way I am.
Last edited by Serenity on Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
greendreamdays

Re: Neglect and Abuse

Post by greendreamdays »

Hi dustbunnies. This sounds like a letter written with intention to some specific people. I don't know whether they are still in your life. It sounds like things you wish you could communicate but couldn't or can't. Maybe this does not apply here but I find it helpful to write letters I will never send so I can understand what I am feeling, or get some catharsis by writing things down that I really mean but can not say to to someone's face. Maybe they are not in my life anymore, sometimes they are and I get comfort out of writing with them in mind even though I will never send it to them. Sometimes if they are long letters it will inspire a whole journal entry.

Maybe you don't have an answer which is okay, but what is your intention behind this post? Sometimes it is enough to just get the thoughts off our chest, so that it's not so heavy to carry alone. Maybe it's enough to have people read it, but you don't want feedback or advise? Maybe you just want a short comment of acknowledgement that people have read it and feel similarly?

What kind of support can we offer?
dustbunnies

Post by dustbunnies »

My goal with this post was to get some thoughts off my chest. I currently live with the people this post is meant for, but they will never get to read it. My thoughts have to go somewhere so I chose here.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi dustbunnies,
dustbunnies wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:32 am My thoughts have to go somewhere so I chose here.
I do the same :) I don't journal. I started writing poetry at the start of the year. But mostly I write stuff out and post it here. It's safe here. It does help me. Keep doing what you need to do. ;)

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.