Finally a huge milestone

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Adelle

Re: Finally a huge milestone

Post by Adelle »

Kokoschka wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:46 pm Adelle,
What a wonderful, intelligent post this is!! Looks like you and younger you are just embarking on a wonderful life adventure together. Wish you a kind and safe sailing and that you achieve everything you set your heart and mind on. Kokoschka
Hello Kokoschka!

It is nice to read from you again.

Awwww, thank you for your kind, kind words!

Yes! It is a completely new journey and one I am learning a lot from as I go through it, but it is entirely rewarding and fulfilling in its own way, so I cannot complain.

Thank you for the wishes too. I felt so touched as I read kind and safe sailing.

I hope the days have been kind to you too so far. If not, I am sending as much healing and loving energies your way! <3
GreenTomatoe

Post by GreenTomatoe »

I was feeling great for a week straight and I am in the process of healing, but this morning my mind was flooded with all of my rapes and sexual assaults. But something told me to go on here and I clicked on this forum. You post really helped so much because I wasn't taking care of my inner child. I gave myself a big hug and reminded her that she is safe and loved. And that that's in the past and that they can't hurt anymore. And I did my self-care and lit some candles and I feel better. And I just had to thank you for posting this!!!!
AcceptanceAT

Post by AcceptanceAT »

Hi Adelle,

What you wrote is so inspiring to me, thank you so much. I can really relate to the things you say even though I´m not in that place yet. I really hope to get there one day, thank you so much for showing us it is possible. The work you´ve put on your relation with your inner child work is tremendous and so impressive. And thank you for sharing the Internal Family Systems approach, I wasn´t familiar with that :)

Keep going, I hope to keep on hearing from you.

Thank you and have a great week :)

Love

AcceptanceAT
Acceptance AT
Per Aspera Ad Astra [*][*]
EricMatthews

Post by EricMatthews »

Thank you so much for sharing part of your experience and journey. This past year I've been intentionally focusing more on the inner child and the way you described how you thought of yourself as a burden or a bringer of misery really resonated with me. My therapist has helped me with my inner dialogue and she reminds me that little me can hear everything I'm saying and I'm re-traumatizing them when I play back those negative self talk tapes. I don't know you, but I'm proud of you and I hope that your journey of healing continues.
Shivty

Post by Shivty »

Hi!

Wow, that was so touching. I remember finding my first little and she and I were like this for some time. I thought she was "bad" and gonna cause trouble, but then I took to loving her and protecting her and my whole world opened up.
I hope the peace you found continues to grow and you find more and more harmony internally while doing this hard work!
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue May 31, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, for no triggering detail
Scars

Post by Scars »

<3 <3 <3 Adelle <3 <3 <3
wrapping you in a blanket of love

thanks for this post, it is very encouraging
i have been struggling with accepting a new part of me
she has been dormant in me for almost 60 years
body memories and emotional flashbacks have flooded me for 2 months
endangering my physical health
so i had to take a break for a while,
but i will not leave her in the dark place much longer now that i know how much pain she is in
i'm resting up for a final rescue

scars
A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. It says the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. There is a beauty in my scars that I can see now.
plantsandtigers

Post by plantsandtigers »

Wow Adelle. This post was so amazing and gave me so much hope. So happy for you and younger you, united in love and understanding.

I first met my younger self in therapy and I couldnt bear to look at her nevermind connect with her. I can do that now and I'm learning to get to know her a little, and me at all the other ages. I hope to have a beautiful relationship like yours with the younger Mes someday, they deserve it.

Well done on your hard work, I'm so happy how much its paying off!!!
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

I'm so happy for you, that's great.
Last edited by Serenity on Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
EmilyJane

Post by EmilyJane »

Hello Adelle
I came across your story while feeling a bit lost and looking for inspiration. I feel blessed to have read your post and feel grateful that A huge door has opened slightly and a chink of light has come in. You’ve taught me a whole new concept in coping with the pain and confusion. I know I will return to your post time and time again. Thank you for giving me a little hope for the future.
Last edited by Serenity on Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail