Hippies, freaks & psychedelic misfits.

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

reisha

Hippies, freaks & psychedelic misfits.

Post by reisha »

Yano who ya are, & if ya dropped in, watch out!
This is a place to fly free w yer freakflags, & while we do our best to cause no harm, the convos can get ruff at times.
Where we use humor, sumtimes raw wisdom, to spout our phoolosophies, political rants, wry observations. Alltho our topics may be heavy, we try to keep our silliness, humor & love in the forfront.

I do this, to honor a significant parta my life experience. To honor many mentors, teachers, healers whove walked w me.

I love hippiefests! Let me count the ways,
I hate hippiefests, let me count the ways....

There are plenty-a soapboxes, to yer climb up to yer high horse, so if ya need a place, to yell, scream, rant, rave, have at it!!!! Be careful, tho, we wont tolerate unkindness. & will do our best to heal it w love.
Last edited by reisha on Tue May 21, 2019 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
EasyStreet

Re: Hippies, freaks & psychedelic misfits.

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi reisha!

LOL

I hope I caught the spirit of this post right! :D :D :D

Takes one to know one!

I was the one requisite military guy in the corner with the short hair and no girlfriend. Talk about being the odd man out!

Its funny how you make connections with people, but wonderful funny.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
reisha

Post by reisha »

🤣🤣🤣

WE

ARE

EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
Last edited by Harmony on Mon May 20, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no triggering content nor language
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hey easystreet - yer name brings to mind a lyric....

... cuz when life looks like easy street, there is danger at yer door....

Whoa-oh, what i want to know-oh is .......

R U KYND?!?!!

~~~~~~~

So, i was wonderin if yer nomiker had anything to do w that, of ir there was a diff 'truth' behind yer choice?😉
Last edited by Harmony on Mon May 20, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no triggering content nor language
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Funny how Uncle Johns Band WAS one of the theme songs during divorce #1 back in the 80’s.(she was cheating)

What I was actually thinking was a Jerry Jeff Walker song,
“Well it’s goodbye goodbye easy street,
When you say goodbye, it’s goodbye .”

Both of those songs convey a similar feeling to me.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

reisha

Post by reisha »

Ok, well... that works too, lol!

So, im thinkin bout all the siights, sounds, smells, & just random wtf!? Experiences of hippiefests. I remeber the 1st time i saw folx haulin portable hot tubs to their campsites. Blew my mind! These folx, upon fillin the tub, proceeded to busy themselves w sum odd activity of futzin w lil toys b4 tosin em in the tub. Then pulled kiddie fishin poles & chairs, a huge cry of dispare comes from their camper - wait! We forgot the sign! This ancient person hobbles out & tapes the sign to the tub.
It reads 'miracle fish - free!'
So, i wander over & ask what this is.
The old guy gets up, hands me a fishin pole, & says 'go fish' as he offers me his chair
He starts this rap bout jesus, & loaves & fishes.
Meanwhile, im tryin to hook this bizzarrly painted barbie doll thats floatin amongst toy cars, plastic stars, blinky balls, & all kinda of 'gumball machine' prizes. I realize there are magnets attached to both my fishin pole, & all the toys. Im now determined to Get That Barbie
This group joins in the old guys rap, talkin bout Doing Love
I finally hook my barbie, & wunna the group grabs it for inspection, says 'oh, wait just a minnit' then wanders to their camper.
She comes back & hands me a beautiful batik & tye dyed tee w a ' logo' of a ' miracle fish' thats made outta the words ' do love'.
The old guy was babs, from the pranksters.
I spent aloota time 'fishing' at that show.
I was just past my 13th bday when this occurred

But, my hippie self kinda hasta dislike phishheads, they're what f'd up The Scene, lol! Lotrats & drainbows, all about
InstantondemandmeMeME, NOW!!!!! Every Last Wunna Em!😉
Last edited by Harmony on Thu May 23, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: opps
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi reisha,

old line: " you had to be there to get the joke "

Sounds like you were really there! Like I said I was the shorthair GI on leave in the corner. Had short hair for a long time, was overseas, and missed a lot of the culture. But my friends were always freaks. They tolerated me and I loved them.

For me it was rural Michigan in 68 and 69, with counterculture influences from nearby Chicago and Detroit.

Be well!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

reisha

Post by reisha »

Well, for me, what i hope to develop w this page is to ..... pass on the wisdom of. The culture.

Pls forgive typing, hands are real shaky & viove rec frustrate me.

Thheres alotta dysfunction iin the cultur. (& i suspect yano theres Cult in cultue) in my travels, i discovered that there are many more unhealthy cults than there are happyhippie conmunes. But w in 'Tthe Dead', love was always The Way.

I was. Fortunate to end up in the biggest, most lovingest, most dysFUNctional 'cult' at the time - worked for 'uncle bobo' for 27 yrs. That was my home, wherever i was. I was exposed -ha! Yes, i learned to both expose myself, & hide in that. Prolonged adolecence, for sure! I was gonna say, , tho, that i was exposed to.... (tears of SUCH DEEP GRATITUDE! are flowin here....) so much!!!! Music that i loved, & music that i hated. Genres of music i had no prior concept of. & each subcult, subtribe win the larger umbrllas.
& each tribe, cult has its ownn 'CODE'. - sets of ethics, slang, symbols.

B4 my health went wonky, i was studying to get my socio-psycho!-linguistics degree.
Id long had arm pain, which resulted in the 'slice yer neck cuz yer arm hurts' diet. (Cervical fusion, which resulted in a swallowin disorder)

EEEERRRRK! Forced change of plans, change of life.
Had i known then what i know now ( were sadder code ever uttered?), i woulda just let the mountin med bills go. But, my code, my ethics had tot me to .... pay for services id ligit incurred
Flashback- forward to here, now.

So, once a freakin weirdo alaways one!.....
reisha

Post by reisha »

Oops! I wasna done - hit wrong button

My vision w this page is to ..... kinda create a 'cyberlot'..
lotrats, addicts, .... all of The Lost Tribes wanderin, lookin for a place to find thir souls.

The naked guy trippinn is much a loved & valuable member as thegzl leadin the wharfrats (AA for hippies).

At sum point, it ocured to me that it would behoove (LUV thAt word!) Me to investigate... lost my thot, too much on my mind.....

Ok, next post. I need to rant
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

amazing, 27 years.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being