My student

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

rebecca

My student

Post by rebecca »

I teach kindergarten and love my job very, very much. This fall, one of the students who came to me came with extremely difficult and complicated issues. The behaviors were/are so out of control and it negatively affected the whole classroom. I became afraid the entire year would be awful and difficult. With the help and advice of colleagues, my student had a relatively successful and more peaceful day last week. It was a total win.

Part of the reason why I became a teacher was because I wanted to be a stable, loving, calm presence in the lives of children who don't have that at home. So, to have this "win", to help a kid learn to self regulate, to help a child know good boundaries....it felt amazing. Especially when I am a teacher who is much better with anxious, low confidence kids than defiant, out of control ones. I'm growing in my capacity to love and care for kids through strong classroom management. I'm proud of myself and him.
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering content mentioned.
Xanthia

Re: My student

Post by Xanthia »

Congratulations Rebecca. You have excellent reason to have self confidence and feel proud of yourself. Great post to read.
Xanthia
there

Re: My student

Post by there »

rebecca,

That sounds amazingly positive. What a great teacher you are!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.