There's Healing Journey 2018

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: There's Healing Journey 2018

Post by Harmony »

Dear there,

I know you live in a frozen part of the world right now. Just sending a little ray of sunshine your way. Hope you have a warm doggie in your lap. Turn on nice music. Burrow into blankets. Stay cozy as you can. Know you are being thought of now.

with care,
Harmony
recover

Post by recover »

hi there,
right here with you in this frozen nightmare of weather.
i hear you.
sending comfort as best as i can.
love,
recover xo
there

Post by there »

iwt, thanks so much. I appreciate you, two.

Harmony, thanks for suggestion about music. Oscar Peterson and Dave Brubeck are cooking.

Recover, yeah I figured you got the Arctic blast too. Fortunately I don't have to go out to work for several days. Staying in for the foreseeable future.

Has been working on designs and might have to shop Betsy shop. Also finished an ornament for my friend S. Coincidentally, she's planning a friends Christmas celebration and just found a tree. I'll surprise her with the ornament! exclamation point seriously

Starting new section- adolescence - in inner child workbook. taking a break. So much difficult and traumatic stuff happened then. Already feeling some grief, which actually is partly the point. I don't know. Feeling a bit at loose ends. Feel sadness behind my eyes.

Not sure I want to try to finish this section today. It's not even the deeper stuff, just recording what I remember about that time my life. There was so much tumult and upheaval in my life. There were good things, too, but I was reacting to so much stuff out of my control.

Cancelled PT due to ingle digit temperatures today. I will still need to do the exercises. I do feel better when I get them done. Hopefully, I can do some yoga afterwards that doesn't challenge my knees.

Feeling a bit down atm.

Just don't want to get moody and pissy or very low, feeling out of control.

I don't know about this being human gig.
Last edited by Ashia on Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed NT to MT
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

One more suggestion. Can you cook something that smells wonderful. The other day I got some gingerbread mix and cooked it up with candied ginger. The place smelled so good. It added to the cozy factor.

hope you stay comfortable,
Harmony
there

Post by there »

Thanks for suggestions, Harmony.
Actually made GF chocolate chip cookies from a mix. We are thinking alike!

Doing some yoga from YouTube that is designed for 'sensitive' knees. Yoga helps my mood, lowers anxiety. uplifts my spirit, even puts a smile on my face :)

Got everything done I planned today.
Success!
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hello there,

Not caught up, but just found your new thread.
A quick hello for now, hoping your weekend has good moments.
Thank you for being a kind and thoughtful friend.

CT
recover

Post by recover »

hi there,
glad you accomplished what you hoped to.
hoping you are staying warm in this terrible frigid snap.
with love,
recover xo
there

Post by there »

Thank you, dear friends, Ct, recover.
Ct, you're a wonderful friend, too!

recover,
Yes. Stayed in today. Can hold out till deep cold lifts, supposed to Monday.

Did some interesting things in apt. today.
Have a lot of art and supplies to further organize. Sorted through some stuff, discarded most of it. A process.

Hope to spend more time daily on self-education and self-employment. Need a reasonable plan to scale up.

Survived a mostly solitary kind of day.

edited 1x by there for syntax
recover

Post by recover »

gentle hugs to you there.
hoping it has thawed a bit and you are ok.
appreciate you.
recover xo
there

Post by there »

Wondering if the site traffic is slow because of time of year.
Still kinda getting over Christmas, releasing the hurt. Still feel hurt about nice brother dissing me, not even knowing he did. I feel that since I pour my heart out to him and educate him about what emotional abuse is, plus the fact that I was the FOO scapegoat, he just doesn't listen or let it sink in or care enough to be more fair to me.
He has his wife and daughter, and I do understand how his child is most important to him. I just don't really appreciate how I got treated overall at Christmas by family. I made the best of it, and have focused on the positives as much as I can.
It just feels like right now I don't want to spend the next Christmas this way, with an at best clueless family.
And I'm not upset.
It's been isolating with the cold. Was out grocery shopping with Tula. Somebody got vocally mean in store , ignorant about Tula, blah blah.

I wish I was not so alone lately.
Trying with everything to keep making progress. Sometimes hard to believe I matter much.