Meaningful Music

Games and fun things to talk about.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

TimeToHeal

Re: Meaningful Music

Post by TimeToHeal »

FracturedTat wrote:"As we soared above the town that never loved me, I realized I finally had a family....." Ruth B. Lost Boys. That's the way I feel about iSurvive. This is a family. Great post, TimeToHeal!
thank you :)
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

You are very welcome. And thank you for the post. Music is also a "life blood" for me. There are so many things I hear in songs, that I could never express myself in words. I couldn't survive without music.
"I was told not to air my dirty laundry in public...but then I realized it wasn't MY dirty laundry."- D. Ouimet
freefromlies

Post by freefromlies »

My favourite band right now is Judas Priest. Yesterday my playlist was Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare; Judas Priest: British Steel; Judas Priest: Screaming for Vengeance; Judas Priest: Ram It Down; Jethro Tull: Aqualung; Genesis: Wind & Wuthering; Genesis: Trespass; Genesis: Invisible Touch. Alice Cooper is a good warm up for the heavy metal, but also now a big Alice Cooper fan, this is very skilfully done. Mostly 1980s, 1970s era music because on audio cassette.
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

I used to love the 70's and 80's music. I used to enjoy head banging to to the heavy metal, but now I mostly listen to the new alternative music. No memories connected to it. I get some very strong and disturbing memories from a lot of the older music. My abusers even managed to wreck music for me too.
"I was told not to air my dirty laundry in public...but then I realized it wasn't MY dirty laundry."- D. Ouimet
freefromlies

Post by freefromlies »

Metal grew on me over the years. I started out with progressive rock music and then moved into progressive metal but nowadays love all metal. The sound is very distinct but my present interest in music began when I wanted a radio; the one I bought had a cassette player so I bought some tapes for it. They had America: America; Pink Floyd: The Division Bell, that got me started. The music does trigger my emotions, especially if I smoke marijuana to relax my body. Then I may begin to reexperience my trauma and release repressed emotions... Note, not saying this is a good idea for everyone in the healing process but it is where I am at on my healing journey and it seems to be working for me. It is interesting that the combination of mindfulness meditation, dope and music seems to be agreeing with my brain chemistry... I smoke to access feelings not to mask them, to be clear.
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

Title: Helium
Artist: Sia

I'm trying but I keep falling down
I cry out but nothing comes now
I'm giving my all and I know peace will come
I never wanted to need someone.
Gymbunny

Post by Gymbunny »

My hubby said this song is so us. It's by Dire Straits called Why Worry. It was on Brothers in Arms Cd think out early eighties.

I've been playing this tune everyday to remind me how far I have come over the past few years, with many thanks to isurvive don't think I could have managed the very dark days without this website. Thanks. X
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

Save Myself
Ed Sheeran

I gave all my oxygen to people that could breathe
I gave away my money and now we don't even speak
I drove miles and miles, but would you do the same for me?
Oh, honestly?
Offered off my shoulder just for you to cry upon
Gave you constant shelter and a bed to keep you warm
They gave me the heartache and in return I gave a song
Its goes on and on

Songwriters: Ed Sheeran / Timothy Mckenzie / Amy Wadge
Save Myself lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
kirchnercolors

Post by kirchnercolors »

Petals by Hole, the lyrics are so identifiable
"They will make you so
So cynical
The fire burns the flesh, destroy the best that made our souls"
"All the lilies bloomed and blossomed
Wilted and they're shivering
I can't stop their withering oh, this world is a war"
The chorus of 'tear the petals off of you' is so meaningful to me. "The darling buds of may fall with no sound."
why shouldn't i live as God in a glowing canyon?
my life could be a fruit bowl with my hand in
stuck with arrows, tarred and feathered
in a tigers jaw, loving, living raw
i'll get my truce through open stare and steady open palms
FracturedTat

Post by FracturedTat »

"We can hurt together" by Sia

......someday you'll taste the freedom and release of the trouble shared
Oh, oh today I'm here loving you, confide in me
There ain't nothing you can say to scare me away
I've got history too, and it's never too late
Share a secret today, I reciprocate, baby I got you