Free Art workshop to support survivors of child sexual abuse

A listing of upcoming events which may be of interest.

*Please note that isurvive.org does not officially endorse anything listed here.

Moderator: Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

Free Art workshop to support survivors of child sexual abuse

Post by Jonesy »

Claudia Marulanda is a visual artist who is launching a free challenge based art workshop to support women survivors of child sexual abuse.
Please take time to read this and see if it feels like a good fit for you...

I’m a survivor of child sexual abuse and it took me almost 30 years to open up about it. At that time, I did not know how to ask for help or where to go. Fortunately, during this period in my life, I had immersed myself in creating art because I was also heartbroken and feeling lost.

Art became my savior when I was at my lowest point and my life has transformed immensely. I now want to be able to support women like me and give them something that can bring them joy, expand their creativity, and help them through their healing journey.

This is a pilot program where we will be coloring together and learning basic practices that can support us in a positive way. The first challenge will start May 10th, but being that it’s late in the week already, we will have another one on May 17th. The challenge will be shared through Facebook and participants can connect also on daily zoom calls.

Here is the link to the project:

https://mailchi.mp/marulandaart/creatingnewbeginnings
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Bigsean

Re: Free Art workshop to support survivors of child sexual abuse

Post by Bigsean »

Is there any chance this could happen again?
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Free Art workshop to support survivors of child sexual abuse

Post by Jonesy »

Possibly Bigsean - will let you know 8-)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org