mushrooms and PTSD

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

BrokenButterflyWings

mushrooms and PTSD

Post by BrokenButterflyWings »

I found this interesting. Not sure if any of you have already heard about it. There are a bunch of articles online. Small doses of "shrooms" have been shown to reverse conditioned fear in mice, and have also been used in soldiers to treat the effects of PTSD..
ChipmunksRunFree

Re: mushrooms and PTSD

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

Yes, I have... I've heard very many positive things. I was afraid to discuss it here.... I have had very wonderful and healing experiences....but, afraid to discuss, not sure how much is allowed?
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*
BrokenButterflyWings

Post by BrokenButterflyWings »

I was actually worried about the same thing...I hope I don't get in trouble...I really thought it was useful info though...it is in small amounts. I'm hoping that makes a difference...
richbee

Post by richbee »

Lol, I have researched similar topics and came to the same conclusion. Not tried shrooms in twenty years though.
Diver

Post by Diver »

Just recently did mushrooms, and have done them many times in the past. I have a dx of BPD and PTSD. I'm more aware of the effects of my abuse now than I was when I used psychedelics in the past. Before last week it had been about 5 years.
If considering, google "EROWID" and read their section on psilocybin mushrooms.
I would be happy to share more about my experience if anyone wants to know.
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed NT to MT
-Diver
ChipmunksRunFree

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

I would be happy to share, too...
P.S.: Just subscribed to the MAPS' email list...
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*