Survivor to Thriver

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

River

Re: Survivor to Thriver

Post by River »

Survivor to Thriver Manual from ASCA (Removed external link)
(Please see ASCA in our resource section for the direct link: http://www.isurvive.org/resources/abuse ... resources/ )

Lament,

I don't know where it is on the site. I just bookmarked it when Tommy posted it so I could access it easier.

River
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove external link
River

Post by River »

SL-what do you mean does anyone want to join me in going through it? Some insiders are trying to go through the manual, others refuse to. We are at a standstill right now. Stuck. Not sure if that is good or bad....just is, I guess.

River
silentlistener

Post by silentlistener »

Hi River,

I meant to express that I was going through the manual too. No one inside or out has to do anything they don't want to. It was just an invitation for those who want it. That's all.
how are you, River?

Sl
River

Post by River »

SL-I didn't realize you meant you were going through the manual too. I'd be more the happy to talk about the manual together with you or anyone else wanting to do it. I do feel stuck though. I might just skip that chapter and try and go on to the next one.

I'm doing ok, thanks. Some days better then others. How are you? You and Spike sure have bonded. He keeps saying well "SL says this, or thinks this..." Its great for him though. He doesn't make friends easy and he is learning alot. Thanks SL.

I think we need more girl power inside and let us girls run the ship more. We are way smarter and wiser then the boys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

River
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello River

As a group we went through the survivor to thriver manual and whilst it is very good it also has some parts that are hard - we used fairy steps at one point in the time we shared. Ir was both easier and more difficult at different stages for me to be using manual as part of group

I finally noticed your comnent on another thread about wanting to visit Australia - are there other places you might choose to visit? I would like to see New Zealand - but not in earthquake mode! (i have not a passport and never left my country of birth)

May you enjoy a peaceful week - I applaud you for reading Survivor to Thriver

Fleur
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
silentlistener

Post by silentlistener »

Hi River,

Some parts are harder than others. I'm going through the EA section. ugh.
yes, we seem to have bonded. I'm glad he's having the experience of having a friend.
I hope to get to know you and others inside too. I don't consider myself exclusive or anything. lol.

Yes, we are smarter and the boys will finally see the light and let us lead. lol.
There's no pressure to respond. I know everyone is struggling so we can talk about other things to take the heat off if you want.

Thinking of you,
Sl
River

Post by River »

Fleur, its good to hear somebody else went through the manual and survived it. We have put the manual on pause for now. Just working on getting through this time of the year safely. Our T says we need to try and slow things down a bit. We got too overwhelmed with everything.
The pictures of New Zealand look beautiful too. I would love to go on an African safari through the jungle or go to Thialand or Alaska or Hawaii. I'd like to go anywhere that gets me away from where I live even! ;) How about you?

SL-easy does it with the manual. I admire your courage to go through it too SL. Thanks for being such a great friend to all of us. Where would you go travel? Certain things you want to do? I'd like to try zip-lining. Went bungee jumping before, and white water rafting. It was a rush!

River
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello River

There are many places in the world that are beautiful. What is zip lining please? Not heard of that. You are very adventurous!! Don't have the courage to try bungee jumping. Recently met a lady who went on family holiday to Alaska and Canada. She said it was a wonderful experience right at end of tourist season - not many visitors so they met more local people

Paradoxically, when my T and I took one tiny piece and analysed/assessed that one thing, healing happened quicker than trying to untangle huge mess of stuff. Only in retrospect did I see the wisdom.of going slowly - and realised that I had travelled a long way in the time both mentally and emotionally

May you enjoy something special this weekend

Fleur
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
River

Post by River »

Hi Fleur,

Zip-lining is where you are strapped in and are attached to a cable and you fly really fast along the cable wire over very, very high places outdoors.

That is very wise about going slow and taking a piece at a time in your healing work. Thats great that you can see your progress. Sometimes I feel like my T pushes me too much and I even tell her that. She says she's just trying to keep us safe or get us safe. I guess so....

We had a good day today, shopping for kids toys for the shoeboxes to give to the kids in 3rd world countries for Christmas and we went out for lunch and ice cream later with a couple of friends. Yoshi had a blast picking out the toys. He is like a kid in a candy store. We all had fun and it was great to get away from all the stress at home and in our lives right now.

River
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thanks River for explanation of zip lining

The slowing of therapy idea came from my T after she went to a PD workshop

Seems you had a wonderful day - a lovely memory to cherish

Amazing how much can fit into a shoebox hey?!

Take care. Fleur