Anyone seen these new documentaries?

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

ChipmunksRunFree

Anyone seen these new documentaries?

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

I hope this is the right forum. Don't know where to post this.

I was looking at this documentary site, and saw these interesting new documentaries:

Groomed - "Gwen van de Pas returns to her hometown in search of answers about the man who sexually abused her as a child."

The Wisdom of Trauma - with Gabor Mate.

When the soul cries: trauma. tears. triumph - "This soul-stirring documentary chronicles the triumphant healing of ten Fearless Storytellers through their journey from trauma and tears to triumph. Revealing the physical, emotional and psychological trauma these women have experienced, the film sheds light on the shame, guilt and embarrassment that kept them silent and hidden from their own healing. Watch the powerful effect of choice."

Has anyone seen these yet?
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*
plantsandtigers

Re: Anyone seen these new documentaries?

Post by plantsandtigers »

Hi ChipmunksRunFree,

I haven't seen the first one, although it sounds really interesting. I have watched the Wisdom of Trauma and I found it brilliant. I really like Gabor Mate and his views on addiction and attachment. I found the documentary really helpful and it wasn't overly triggering (for me anyway). Have you watched these films?

plantsandtigers
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

I hadn't heard of the first one but watched the Gabor Mate film recently and enjoyed it. He's an interesting fellow.
quixote

Post by quixote »

ChipmunksRunFree,
Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to look for them.
quixote
ChipmunksRunFree

Post by ChipmunksRunFree »

just finished watching The Wisdom of Trauma. how blessed are we to live in a time and place in which this kind of information is possible to all. it takes a lot to get me to cry and I didn't expect to, but I'm crying. particularly after seeing that vulnerable, beautiful, wondrous baby at the very end. and he/she looks just like I did when I was an infant. The documentary instilled a sense of true, refreshing hope. something beautiful is out there
"A chipmunk for you..."
*plucks out the most beautiful flower and gives it to you - a baby chipmunk curled up and sleeping within its petals!...*