A Husband's story (formerly "the husband's story")

A discussion area for anyone who loves a survivor and needs some support of their own.

Moderators: Jonesy, Harbor

the husband

Re: A Husband's story (formerly "the husband's story")

Post by the husband » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:57 pm

The kids (teens) are complaining that she is being hard on them. I've already let them know that she isn't feeling good about her situation and might be in a bad mood, but I guess she's not very pleasant to them when I'm at work. My daughter is especially annoyed because my wife has been extra vigilant toward her, who she is talking to, what she is wearing, etc.. She wants to compare her experience to that of her older brother, but it's a false dichotomy because he never went anywhere when he was her age! Some of the vigilance is normal for parenting a 15 y/o, but she may be right about the intensity. I'm not sure as I didn't witness it and there may be a difference in perception. She is aware that her mother had a "bad childhood", but she can't yet see how it has shaped her own life. She doesn't know why she always wears shorts with skirts, for instance, she just always has. It may be a conversation to have much later.

the husband

Post by the husband » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:03 pm

My wife has quit the job that was stressing her out. Honestly it was the startlingly poor management that ended it for her, rather than the work itself. She has an equally challenging opportunity with a much better manager, so rather than despairing - she is hopeful. The every-other-weekend requirement at work was a barrier to intimacy, so it will be interesting to see whether we keep our usual schedule, or adapt to the new one.

coconuts

Post by coconuts » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:16 am

Oh good for her. Hoping this leads to bigger and better things.

Coconuts