Fleur's 2019 Thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

GrowingTree

Re: Fleur's 2019 Thread

Post by GrowingTree »

Fluer, so good to see you here. We care about you. I hope things get easier. You are in my heart and I think about you often.
GrowingTree
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you reisha and GrowingTree

Housekeeper can't start today, will Wednesday do - no - so I don't know when cleaning services will begin

Haematologist tells me that although I had 2 grams of iron in past six weeks, it got stored, lost from helping build blood haemaglobin. So, next 3 months we're back to 200mg per month to kind of trick my body into releasing iron from stores. Explains fatigue, breathlessness, higher than expected heart pain levels.... Gee whiz, thanks for nothing body!!

Did the washing - more accurately, machine did the work - bands of sun, rain accompanied by chilly wind so everything is still in the laundry

Rude start to winter, although some folk will be exceedingly pleased with snow coverage of about 8 inches or 20cm. More expected overnight. Happy I went to hospital and back dry

Kind regards to all
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
reisha

Post by reisha »

Yikes on the snow, yea on the laundry, & um .... harumphy yeas on the bloodwork iron thing(?)

Sendin y a gentle hugs & soft pets for soxy
Last edited by Serenity on Mon May 27, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering detail included
Noname

Post by Noname »

Hi Fleur,

It's nice to see you around again. I hope your body starts cooperating soon and that you feel better. Also hope that cleaning services can start soon, and that you don't get buried in snow! I don't mind looking at snow, just don't like having to go out in it. It's always interesting to hear about the weather in the Southern Hemisphere. You have snow, we have meltingly hot temps already. Will be thinking of you.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

Really glad you got to try the EMDR treatment and that it’s reducing some of the vigilance at home. Listening if you want to say more about it.

Really glad there were no serious injuries from falling out of bed but the iron issue sounds complex and tiring. Those are a lot of difficult symptoms to cope with, but I hope that they can get to the bottom of it and perhaps you can start feeling more energized and have less pain.

Fantastic news about a possible good match in a T! Here’s to a cancellation popping up quickly!

I hope the further involvement at church helps in many ways that are meaningful to you.

Sending caring and gentle hugs if ok.

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Couragetoday - I have taken a T cancellation on Thursday, so appreciate your thoughtfulness

NN - I'm too close to coast for snow but we've already had ice on grass. Makes me extra grateful for pavement. Except for chill, it's a bit like spring with sunshiny showers

Reisha - yes, I am hoping that the Dr plan of little iron every month pays off. Admittedly, it was kinda easier when family GP gave me weekly iron injections in buttocks - if anyone is offered this treatment, please get the person to do it properly, even if they need to read instructions - I forget whether Dr said he made a Z or a W in my muscles before the injection then rubbed the area so it didn't hurt... It can "stain skin" like a permanent rust mark or bruise which fades over several years. Arms usually don't have enough enough muscle mass; besides, no-one wants a visible mark

House keeper is scheduled for Friday. See if that happens. End of week is forecast to have wild storms, even lower temperatures

As I'm seeing T Thursday, hopefully rubbish, green waste bins will go out for collection on Friday. Been telling self to do this without success since returning on 13th May, including clearing out fridge

Best wishes to all
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
reisha

Post by reisha »

Fluer, ya'll get to the chores eventually - i have fiath in ya! Heck, i just a few dishes done, & a bit of fridge cleaned. I'll send ya whatever it was that motivated me, Ommm.... & ya dont hafta do alla it, an honest attempt counts, which is what i did.
This iron thing - i have another friend whose just been told hes goona hafta get em too. Will pass along yer observations. Theoretically, can the infusions be a '1 time deal', or is it likely he'll be getin injections from now on?

I often forget yer seasons are 'backwards' from mine - stay warm, dry & safe!

Sendin much love & care & support
{{{Fleur!!!}}}
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue May 28, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hey Fleur! That’s fantastic news that there was a cancellation! Really hope it works out well for you.

I hope the weather won’t be to drastic, or too unsettling. Sometimes strong winds cause some low-grade anxiety over here.

Wishing you the best with the housekeeper and the chores that feel like need attention.

Waving,

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello reisha, Couragetoday

Thank you both for writing. Re iron, reisha, your friend might just need one infusion, or it might be ongoing - I've heard people say both. No idea what makes the difference, although one person changed to lactose and gluten free diet which was his underlying problem

Waving back to you Couragetoday

Great to have rain heavy enough to leave puddles

Cheers
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Hey Fleur, just wanted to drop by and say hi, and that it's good to see you around. :) Been thinking of you too. Wishing you well with t on Thursday, and sending you warmth and caring. :)