There: 2019

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: There: 2019

Post by there »

Fleur,
Thanks so much for your post :)

Read that AU experiencing a heat wave. Is that affecting you?

Snow predicted to be mixed with sleet, so probably ample wet snow first snowballs. Thanks for reminding me!

Yes, nature is such a healer. It needs our help, especially these days.

Planning to go to Chinese new year celebration at high school one Town over. Getting colder already today.

Maybe the next time I see bus driver, we'll learn each others' names :lol:
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear there

May you enjoy planned visit for Chinese New Year

Whilst you have snow, we do indeed have high temperatures across the entire country, including the Apple Isle. Almost daily there's some place with record or equal record maximum - or highest minimum overnight heat

Very blessed to be on the coast. We have respite from relentless heat happening inland

Really feel for tourists from Europe - both extremes experienced weather wise. One couple really planned ahead - they've organised for people to meet them with coats etc. They've been travelling since May to enjoy Alaskan Summer, now here, but returning to UK tomorrow

Trust you and Tula shall happily play in the snow - something I'm unlikely to have first hand experience, making snowballs

Safe caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Glad you are in the more 'temperate' zone. :)

Tula refused to go out in the cold with the snow on the ground :)

But yesterday it was almost 60˚, rainy , and windy. Snow's gone! So windy, my new umbrella snapped in half on the upright part! Glad I didn't buy a real pricey one! I might just get a rain hat, cuz I have waterproof jacket and boots.

Tula just got a little exercise chasing a ball in the hall for treats.

Working a project tonight, stopping for now.

Went to eye doc today, fitted for new contacts. These are really comfortable! I like this doctor, too. We've had 2 good good convos this year.

Nursing the elbow, hot then cold packs, keeping it wrapped to still the muscle. It's slowly getting better. Typing makes it worse, so dictation on exclamation point. lol.

Doing my best to keep my spirits up. Didn't see the bus driver today. Maybe next Friday, I hope.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

saying hello and sending love, there

<3
ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
there

Post by there »

ws,
great to see your name here!

Kinda busy day with errands, walking Tula, keeping place this side of messy, making a meal.

Thanks and sending you a gentle hug.
recover

Post by recover »

hi there,
sending gentle hugs and support
recover xo
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hi there!

Need to go back a bit & get cot up wya, but wanted to drop in & send ya & tula sum WARMTH! Hope ya are stayin safe in this antartic freeze - i cant imagine how y'all deal w such temps.

Sendin much love & care & support
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
there

Post by there »

recover, reisha :)
Glad you posted. So nice to 'see' you.

Thanks for gentle hugs and support, recover. Always the same for you.

reisha, good to have you back. I'm sure it's much colder and snowier where Couragetoday is, but that chill from Chicago anmd Michigan sweeps in here in the wee hours and stays til Friday. Ocean mitigates temperature here, so 'only' in the single digits Th and Fri, not counting wind chill factor.

Weathering classes, looking for the bright spots, kid today cracked me up. :lol: He started saying 'The youth today ....something or opther'. Still laughing here. Thank you, A.

Two happy things: I'm pretty much through with rough draft of part of my project!!!WOOT!
A children's librarian in S invited me to a workshop she's doing on Sunday at the library. It's making pop-up greeting cards. Her example looks fun!
Something nice to do that's in community, and I feel good that she invited me personally.

Tula and I will be mostly staying tomorrow and Friday. Then it gets less cruel out this weekend.

Thinking of many homeless people in this nation who are in the cold. Homelessness in this country is a crime.
there

Post by there »

Feeling very mixed today. Tired and trying to organize place as it's getting too cluttery. Did do some vacuuming in the bedroom, getting up the dog hair and the dust allergens, very important.

Kinda lonesome.

Having 2nd thoughts about guy I'm interested in. I don't know.

Don't want to have a big setback right now.
reisha

Post by reisha »

Heey there!

Good jobon the tidyin! Do a lil bit each day & it'll never be 100%; butnuthin'll be so badthat tptb 'write ya up'either - a happy medium thats gud enuff for govt work?

Sittin w ya (w warm ssox, mooshmallows, hot choc/tea in fronta a cozy fire, critters in our laps/at our feet, relaxin music in the background) in comfy convo/silence, contemplatin life, the multiverse, the # 42, & *guys!*, lol! Ready to listen ifya feel like talkin

Sendin my friendship & all it entails
Last edited by Ashia on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT as no triggering content included