There: 2019

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

coconuts

Re: There: 2019

Post by coconuts »

Are you starting to feel better. Did you try out open mic night? Been thinking of you.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Noname

Post by Noname »

Reading along and caring, there.
there

Post by there »

Coconuts,
I am feeling better, thanks. Went to the Brazilian night. The open mic was really good, though I didn’t sing. All the musicians and singers were well prepared, some knew each other from jams at studio of guy who arranged the night.
He came to my table, introduced himself, told me I could sing if wanted. Gave me his card. I can get in touch with the pianist/accompanist who plays at other open mics. I know the pianist from a music school.
Yesterday, went to appointment w vocational counselor. She’s got an edge, but I’m not going to switch again. The best one moved. I can phone her, though, to just tell her what I’m doing.
Signed up to take online business plan writing course. Picking up Excel to proceed. Have 90 days with vocational rehab to do a business plan. Not thrilled atm about that. On the other hand,it would get done. And I have a few things to get done before next appt.
Noname, thanks so much for reading along and caring. So glad you are.

Thankful for my isurvive friends.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Oh..There .. hope jumping through hoops works out. How annoying. Hope the edge of this box counselor is bearable. Interested to see how this works as you create this business plan. I know you are such a strong person and capable of doing great things.
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Glad you went and enjoyed the open mic night, there. :) Wishing you well with vocational counsellor, too. It can be tricky to get all the business plan work done in so many days too, but as you say - it would get done. Sometimes that's the help that's needed. :)

Am cheering you on, pocket riding for no particular reason if you care for it! A walk with Tula, perhaps. :) I am glad to know you there, wishing you heaps of comfort and knowing-you-can-do-this if you'd like it. Take care now. :)
there

Post by there »

hi, dancingfish,
Counselor is good pragmatically, interpersonally, not so much. Better than the one I switched from, who happened to be standing in hallway in offices. Have to remember what's important.
Sigh, business plan. I have actually done one before. It was a long time ago, and thios will be more involved. A HS friend I reconnected with online told me he'd help with any Excell questions I have. Feel so fortunate.
Emailed music studio guy, who will send me contact info for accompanist. Eleanor Roosevelt's 'You must do the thing you fear,' is going through my mind. Doesn't mean I fear very much, maybe more hold back.
Love to have you pocket riding. Today is class in S public library. Welcome along!

edited 1x by there for content
there

Post by there »

oh, cocnuts,
sorry, Just realize now that I didn't respond to your supportive post!
'Box counselor' -- : D

I know you are such a strong person and capable of doing great things
This I will tell myself more than once

Have been taking some first steps, listening to business plan course. After this, will be starting to work the course. Fingers crossed. Deep breath.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Haha box counselor.... Autocorrect... :D

First steps are always good they're still steps forward
there

Post by there »

Aaargh!
Maybe writing this out here will help me to handle it.

Over time, I’vet been sorting through boxes of papers, books, sheet music, and my art and former art card business. It’s not overwhelming, like it once seemed. But there’s a buttload more to go.

Books are very hard to,part with. Gave away a bagful to library last week. Today, was going through a box of sheet music ,mostly stuff I’d photocopied. So much. I have a scanner. It just would take ages to scan this much. I haven’t sung or played any of this for a long time.

Ok, maybe I have an idea. I’ll save certain pieces of this music. Set a limit.

Bedroom—stacking books that have been on floor. Have to clear the visible floor space.
Also need to organize the table.

Really hope that my healing means I can release some of the energy in keeping stuff.

Am going to stop before I start thinking too much.

Also, it’s still so freaking lonesome. Nobody but cleaners and my brother come. No exaggeration.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Sad that you are lonely. I know you've been working hard to create relationships around it. It's hard work.

As for sheet music. If it's in good enough form and you can find a large copy machine ( library?) Perhaps you can run it through there and email it. Like I know at my work I could put tons of paper thru the document feeder that way and scan them into a PDF that will email.

Either way you've been making a lot of progress. Don't let what still needs to be done detract from noticing what you have accomplished so far. You've been making strides forward.

Sitting with you for a bit.