There: 2019

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Noname

Re: There: 2019

Post by Noname »

there,

Sometimes family can be so difficult, and there's not much we can do about it. It's good that you've stood up for yourself, and that you are building a life of your own. When biological family fails us we can build a family of our choice - and honestly sometimes that's way better. You deserve to have people in your life who appreciate you for who you are.
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

There, your list of self care measures is an inspiration to me! In the face of darkness you seem to shine in many different ways.

I know, catch you on a bad day! Or maybe not?

Thanks, I hope you are feeling better soon!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
there

Post by there »

Nn,
Thanks, I really need to keep broadening my horizons socially. Am 75% sure i'm going to attend my 1st HS reunion. If I am, will need to decide soon. Decision making might be getting a bit easier at time. My bro, D, is loving and loyal. He has his faults, but he tries very hard to be there for me by phone 2x /wk.
ES,
Even on a bad day, I'll probably have done some kind of self care ---energy or mantra. I have to do it for myself. I deserve it and need it. It makes me stronger and keeps me sharp. Sometimes the road is up and down. Up is better, yes? :lol:
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

I think you are doing great there. I admire your strength to persevere in self care.

I love how you are reaching out to connect with other people. It's a risk in itself but sometimes worth it.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

there, talking to you and other forum members is keeping me going. I'm shy and selfish, and like to hide away. I have another side that can be a bull in a china shop, not so shy but still selfish. Your honesty, everyone's honesty, it's an energy source for a spectrum that I need. I am very grateful.

I am now considering the proposition that "I should devote the first part, and the most part, of the day to self care of some kind, no cheating". Just to try it for a while, because I know I don't live it and haven't.

Thanks for sharing your victories, losses, and draws. Keep on truckin'.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
there

Post by there »

Quick post to say that I'm heading into library in a minute. Retroactive pocket riders welcome!
there

Post by there »

ah, well. no class cuz kids not in library on a nice day.
ready for next week, though?

my scroll down button's not working, so I can't read everyone's posts while I reply. Apologies.
thanks, Nn and ES for your kind words.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Well did you get a chance to enjoy the nice day?
there

Post by there »

Yes, coconuts, I did!
It was good to see A, this library’s contact.
Walked Tula in the cool evening air.
Sent check for HS reunion on September 21. Also, rented car, another 1st for me. I’m adultifying !
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Woohoo. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Success!