reishas 2019 thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

reisha

Re: reishas 2019 thread

Post by reisha »

There - tthe parts work is interesting. IDing diff parts. Saying helo to them. Inviting convos, to better understand them. Findin out their names/functions. Goin deep to understand/merge/alter behaviors, purposes, when possible., understand how & why partdeveloped. Sum parts areclose to 'full people'; others are mere hints of an idea - unneeded, & therefore, unformed. Other parts are (potentially) so big & powerful & overwhelming, they remain unformed, for my protection. Its interesting, theseinternal dialouges, between myself, & selves. Not meditation, not visualization (maybe its 'audiozation'?), but a kinda .... transitional space tweenthe 2. Almost 15 yrs ago, i was 1st intro'd to parts work, w the last Very Good t i had she asked me to drawmyself at various 'critical ages', both past, present, & to imagine a few future selves. I took it a step furthur, writing their character descriptions, as best i understood them at the time. My small self (mauki) my pre-teen joan-of-arc warrior self, the mischiveious sprite parts, the goddess-in-her-glory, the hags of old age, & younger hags, of fear, annoyance, biterness, revenge...... while im well aware of my rageful parts, ive yet to really sit & invite any convos w them. This, commin from a woman, who, in her younger yrs 'redecorated' - pulled down bookcases, kicked over tables,, rammed hiking staffs into walls..... my rule was tonot harm living things, but, wow- did i ever beat the shit outta things. So, ya can my reluctance to *invite* that part into my awareness. Soon, maybe, but not yet. Havin enuff Work w my 'lesser anger' parts, as i see howthat HUGE rage kinda splintered intosmaller, more (wo)managable parts. Hmm, which is much like breakin scary, yukky tasks into lil bitty parts......

But my then t was astounded that i wrote 'bios' for my parts, encouraged it. When i mentioned it tocurrent t, she, too, was s'prised at the bio Work, also encourages it.
I REALLYhope she setsup herpractice soon, near me, & that she'll take (dual) medi. Gonna miss her when shes gone
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Reisha,

Sounds like some important insights surrounding Jo. I also got a sense in your writing that you are maybe seeming more confident in knowing what is OK and what’s not OK?

Really hope there’s a way for you to stay with the T that is feeling helpful for you right now. Hearing how important that is to you.

The artwork/ crafting sounds so fun and rewarding. An insider and I recently did some T homework that involved drawing, other sources of creativity. It was really, what’s the word, revealing? Really painful but powerful. Kinda woke us up.

Thanks for sharing more about your process of learning about different parts. It was interesting to read. When I begin identifying insiders, I did something that sounds a bit similar, listing their traits, characteristics, roles, memories, everything I learned about them, as I communicated and grew closer to them. Like you, there are some I have not yet approached, for Various reasons.

Nice to read your update. I hope you have a pleasant weekend.

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello reisha

Smiled at your description of doing laundry motivated by needing clean items - can't count number of times I've done similar

Your art, craft experimentation sounds wonderful

With best wishes regarding parts and other hard work

Here's to a happy long weekend for you and pussycats
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
DewDrop

Post by DewDrop »

Hello friend,

Fun reading about renewed parts work. Hope it leads to greater self awareness.

Bleached, bleed dyed and marbled... Sounds cool.

Much Love, as always,

Dewd
earthhorse

Post by earthhorse »

Hi Reisha,

Missing you!

Also feel pretty inspired by the parts work you are doing. Hope this good T. will be a keeper for a while.

Just hearing how things seem to be really moving, improving, flourishing for you. I think being able to reach parts also indicates a level of safety and flow. Like blocks have been removed. You are amazing Reisha.... thank you for being you.

All of the love, kindness, and wisdom in the world to you,
EH
"One kind word can warm three winter months"
reisha

Post by reisha »

Wow!
{{{Eh, dewdrop, fleur, courage, all!!!}}}
How warming, to see posts from y'all.

Ug! Well, my t is ... in limbo, i guess. She's gone to p/t, & *hopes* to open her own practice, by sept...... & me & 8 others are playin musical standby, callin in each wk, hopin for cancelations/openings...... &/or play the refer-em-out game.... yeah, same ole fun times, NOT!!!

laggin on callin/int'viewin helpers ( whats new?!) - gotta get place ... clean enuff for human habitation b4 gettin help w gettin place clean enuff for human habitation - there are a coupla-a messes that,well.., um...

Several outings w 'jo', mostly ok - went to that well known hippie university town on fri - i scored several cool books/clothing/trinkets/craft supplies/leftover food - AND stayed in budget, yay! :) . Yet still sum ..... irritations i have (for me to work thru, or learn to accept...?)

Creative streak partly responsible for at least one embarrasing mess - both directly, & then more indirectly, as i neglect other chores. A-course, knockin the big container of black sesame seeds AllOver the counter/stove/floor dinna help, in fact sent me into a 6y/o neg tailspin of worthlessness, pouting, & advoidance which can no longer be denied, as mngmnt came by w pprs - prior mngmnt, back in nov neglected to .... do sum prrwk/inspection, so by signing, they can straighten it out, & yes, there will be an upcommin inspection....

YIKES!

starin next month, my state ( or, maybe its fed?) Will aloow folx who collect disability &/or social security to also collect 'food stamps'. I cant wait. Curious as to amounts.

Sproink is now offically a yearling, fast & sassy as ever, or curled up next to me, her paws wrapped round my arm. Goo spendz most her time lounging in the bdrm sunny window.

So, things are .... 'normal' for me, i guess - juggling, struggling w sum things, dealin w others, procrastinating & advoiding, indulgin both my inner kids, & my outter decrepit old hags...

{{{{{ALLA US!!!}}}}}
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi reisha, just saying hello! Sun is shining in my window, sending some to you, if ok.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hi easystreet!

Thanks for stoppin by
Warmth & sunshine always appriciated, thank ya!
Hopethis day finds ya well
Last edited by Harmony on Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited MT to NT due to no triggering content nor language
there

Post by there »

reisha,
omgosh---- :lol: in empathy for black sesame seed spill. I spilled a can of decaf espresso (yes, fine grind). I rescued Summer from the top of the pile which didn't touch the floor. Oh that's what I need to buy more coffee too soon exclamation point.
Next day, I knocked the lid of the ceramic teapot off of the counter. It smashed into big and small bits. My sister gave that to me. Cleaned up the breakage. Today, I plant I set the plant pot inside teapot and put it in my windowsill. Or are are creative safe are creative save.

WhoWho who who who who--
Believe it or not, the "who who who" is Tula whining as dictation interprets it :lol:

I use black sesame seed on fish to bake it, among other things.

Inspection, oh, joy. "I don't want no more of army life!"

Musical standby— —good description! You'll be playing this until September? This is why yoga is so cool. And you don't even need to do yoga to recognize that your truest guru is (in) you.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi reisha,

Also empathizing with the sesame seeds spill.
It was quinoa for me-such tiny grains!

A couple of outings with Jo That went OK-this is a good thing if I am understanding? Or maybe more complicated than that?

Wishing you and your kitties well.

CT