Reaching out for a bit of support

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

PeacefulNinja

Re: Reaching out for a bit of support

Post by PeacefulNinja »

Hi FB,

Wow your post is such an inspiration. You have had such insights and grown so much. I love that you are doing crossstitch for you. That is awesome. I am very sad that your ex "regrets" his son. I hope your ex experiences growth like you so your son won't feel his father's regret. Our children are our greatest gift.

Stitch away dear FB

PeacefulNinja
fightinback

Post by fightinback »

Thank you for your kind thoughts PeacefulNinja, Harmony and Fleur.

Fleur, my son is now 13, nearly 14. I have no idea where the time went.

Ex H is unfortunately not one of the nice guys. He is a narcissist and I am very very aware that even now, his behaviour is at times unwelcome. I have to have extremely firm boundaries with him which I stick to without any give - our conversations are only ever through email (which gives me the time and space I may need to ground myself if he triggers me intentially or not, and also proof of conversations if I ever need it), and only ever about our son. He does at times try to push those boundaries as a child would, and I am aware that he is testing to see if the boundary has moved. It never does. This is how I keep myself safe.

It's interesting you say about him being one of the men who live off another person... I have seen that pattern myself with his relationship to me and girlfriends since. Before I knew him I had a good job, my own house, a car, and many friends. Today... I have (my) son, and beginning again. The girlfriend that followed me was very similar in history, possessions and support circle - she is also beginning again, with two children. The girlfriend he currently has may come from a much wealthier background, but unlike either of us before, she has a good solid strong family around her. I sincerely hope this will be the difference for her. I am the only one (to my knowledge - past or present) who has a child with him, and previous marriage.

Hope you are well and have had a good few days with your son, and that you have a new solution to your washing machine. Take care.
FB Delicately changing my name because I don't need to fight anymore.

Be true to yourself
Never sacrifice who you are just because someone has a problem with it
Sequoia

Post by Sequoia »

Hi FB,
I like how you're noticing patterns and also how you've set boundaries and stuck to them!
Just a little sideline cheering
Sequoia
fightinback

Post by fightinback »

Thank you Sequoia

Boundaries are very important because it shows others that you have respect and belief for yourself, and in return I have respect for those around me. My boundaries are sometimes specific for different people as in ex h, or the woman who lives above me, but on the whole I am warm, welcoming and approachable because that is the core of who I am - I'm just not prepared to be walked over any more.

Patterns are interesting aren't they! Patterns to me mean a lesson is being taught that (I) haven't grasped (yet). Patterns make me look into something more deeply to try to find out why... and what can I do about it. I am acutely in tune now with my body and what is going on around me, and it keeps me safe and well.

Be true to yourself
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear FB

Thank you for your messages about your son and former H

Great that you have set strong boundaries

Safe hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi FB,

Here's to a very happy birthday, followed by a great year.
May you have everything necessary for your healing journey.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
fightinback

Post by fightinback »

Aww Thank you for your thoughts and wishes Xanthia.

I hope you are well. xx

Be true to yourself
recover

Post by recover »

Happy Birthday Fightinback!!!
warmly,
recover
fightinback

Post by fightinback »

Thank you for your blessings recover. :D

Hope you are also well. xx

Be true to yourself