Letter to friends/fam of my abusers

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Chessgirl

Letter to friends/fam of my abusers

Post by Chessgirl »

To any of my old friends or family members who continue to hang out with and be cool with my abusers, you are now dead to me. If you can sit around and listen to that smear campaign about me and be comfortable, then you never cared about me or loved me. We were never friends. We were never family. Do not call me, do not talk to me and whatever you do don’t say you love me. I am no longer cool or ok with you. I’m sorry if that’s too harsh for you, but I will be protecting and loving myself from now on. I will be setting boundaries and I’m ok with sitting back and watching my circle shrink if people cannot accept and respect my boundaries. Have fun being friends with people who abused a child and adult and nearly tried to destroy her life. I hope you can sleep at night and I hope those people are worth it to you. People who do n truly care about anyone but themselves. People who are fake and manipulative and likely hate you when you are not around. You missed out on having a relationship with someone who is real. Someone who has empathy and will love you. I hope you are happy, but you cannot be in my life anymore. You are dead to me. Good Bye. Oh and Fuck you.
Chessgirl
Eagle

Re: Letter to friends/fam of my abusers

Post by Eagle »

Wow!!!!

Hey Chessgirl

I haven’t posted in a long time, but check back every once in a while. I saw Your post and it made me want to jump back in and yell, “Here Here!!!!” I love it. Good on you for throwing the line in the sand. I could get you in as an honorary fighter pilot with this one. We all tend to speak like that. At some point in our lives we have to say to ourselves just turn around, walk away and don’t look back. Sounds like you have made that decision. All my hopes for you that you find a better path with people you can love and receive love in kind.

Eagle
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Thanks Eagle!
You know it felt really empowering. I won’t be sending anyone that letter actually, but just writing it out really sealed the deal for me. I will not be making any exceptions or excuses for anyone. You are right about drawing the line in the sand. I feel like I can look at it more objectively now also. They can’t be in my life and that’s that. Thanks for cheering me on.
Chessgirl
Hasmita

Post by Hasmita »

Well done! Be yourself and continue being strong.
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Thank you hasmita!
Chessgirl