Tik tok

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Chessgirl

Tik tok

Post by Chessgirl »

Hey everyone,

I know many of us have agreed tht social media can be pretty harmful and toxic especially for us dealing with trauma. I don’t do Facebook or the other sites but I wanted to share that I have found tik tok to be extremely beneficial for me lately. I don’t have anyone I kno personally on my tik tok, just people I find inspiring who I follow. There is a huge community for people in recovery dealing with addiction and also survivors of abuse and trauma. Many of them are super empowering. Just wanted to share if anyone is curious to take a look.
Chessgirl
dancingfish

Re: Tik tok

Post by dancingfish »

Aw thanks for the helpful post, Chessgirl! (I think I have mainly seen silly cat videos sent to me on tik tok... :D) What a wonderful way to use it though, am so glad you're finding it beneficial. I'll take a look for something beyond the world of felines!
Chessgirl

Re: Tik tok

Post by Chessgirl »

Yes hve a look dancingfish! There are also licensed counselors on there that do videos on trauma and healing :)
Chessgirl