Hatred and anger

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Chessgirl

Hatred and anger

Post by Chessgirl »

I’ve been really trying to work on and read up on how to cope with negative feelings I struggle with and an ashamed of. Here are some things I’ve learned:

Hate and anger are normal feelings and healthy feelings. People are afraid they will be damned if they feel hate, but it is ok to feel this way. Hate is a perfectly acceptable feeling to have and once we allow ourselves to feel it, it can slowly start to fade away. It’s an emotion we need to actually get out! Anger can be directed at the wrong person and frequently is. Some ideas to get out anger: You can go out to the middle of nowhere (where no one can hear you) and scream as loud as you can, you can cry.
You can take boxing or punch a pillow. Doing something physical with your body,’like running helps a lot. Also be prepared for the emotion of anger and hate to come back. When it does, acknowledge it and have a plan for how to get it out.

What ways do you all cope with and get out your anger and or hatred?
Chessgirl
Crow

Re: Hatred and anger

Post by Crow »

Listen to some intense heavy metal ;)
Helps me to safely feel the emotions and engage with my feelings, whilst enjoying the amazing creative technical music that is metal. :D

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Chessgirl

Re: Hatred and anger

Post by Chessgirl »

That makes a lot of sense. I tried heavy metal in high school a few times and it helped then. Maybe I’ll try it again sometime soon. Thanks crow!
Chessgirl