Police brutality

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Crow

Police brutality

Post by Crow »

I am so angry right now. So angry!
I've just read a news story about a vulnerable teenager who was brutally attacked by a police officer here in the UK, and it has made me so mad.
I try and avoid news. I hate most mainstream media and the lies and propaganda they push, and the negativity and fear and downright wallowing in misery kind of things they report about, but this has really aggravated me. I'm not sure if it's more so than other big news of recent times involving police brutality and racism, because of the involvement of a minor.

This poor girl who has learning difficulties approached the police officers scared and distressed and asking for help. The police officer hit her with his baton 34 times in 60 seconds and sprayed her in the face with cs spray.
The officer in question has been sacked, but no criminal charges were brought against him.
I don't care that she is of different race to me, or has learning difficulties, she deserves justice. That is assault! That is unjustified behaviour. Police seem to be above the law these days. If that was a member of the public they'd be held to account and charged.

I feel so sorry for that poor girl and her family.
Makes my blood boil!
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Chessgirl

Re: Police brutality

Post by Chessgirl »

Oh crow
That’s terrible. I’m the same way here when I see instances of police brutality, I get enraged.
Often times the police are not held responsible at all. I was just telling my fiancé about how when I was living out west, I was arrested for simply having a small marijuana pipe with a very tiny amount of marijuana in it. I had honestly forgot I even had it... the reason the police came out to my house in the first place was because I called them for help due to being beaten by my boyfriend and locked out of the house. They searched our place and arrested me. It wasn’t just the arrest but the fact they were so mean to me. Kept calling me a “Tramp” I tried to complain and they kept laughing at me. Sorry didn’t mean to make this about me, but I truly don’t understand where we get these cops. Many of them do not belong in positions of authority where they can abuse power. It was an extremely traumatic experience for an abuse survivor. I hear about news stories all the time where they beat people, verbally abuse people, humiliate people. I heard one story of them tasering a child who didn’t want to go with them after her mother got arrested. Poor kid was already going through a difficult time and then that?! Ugh I’m with you.... makes my blood boil!
Chessgirl
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Just to add, I really think our police need to be required to take courses in psychology or something. They need to know about trauma and abuse! They need like extensive training and should be the most empathetic among us! Most importantly they need to be held responsible for their abusive and damaging actions. Ugh... sorry I could go on and on about police :x
Chessgirl
Crow

Post by Crow »

Now that I am calmer, I'd like to point out that there are a good number of police officers who do act in accordance with the law, and some who go above and beyond the call of duty. Reading that article just got to me so badly.

And Chessgirl, you were not treated with respect at all by the sounds of it. It is sadly very common to hear that sort of thing. But then again, it's rare that acts of kindness and normal service are broadcast on the news... good news is not news apparently...
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.