From a nightmare to music and computer programmer.

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

freeguy

From a nightmare to music and computer programmer.

Post by freeguy »

Despite my horrible child-hood, with an equally horrible family, by now, in my 30's, i write and play songs, and can program computers.
My advice to anyone is find a way to be creative. You can get over pain through creative symbolism I think.
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
dancingfish

Re: From a nightmare to music and computer programmer.

Post by dancingfish »

That sounds just great, freeguy. :) Thank you for the wise words, I too think creative works can help us with pain we're experiencing! Whether it's old or new. Am glad you have ways to help you.
freeguy

Post by freeguy »

Yeah thank you. I think for me, not sure of others, the nicest way is write a song on acoustic, about whatever you are feeling when it's bad, or even good. Been doing that for over 15 years now. Sometimes just writing lyrics to one can help too.
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

I'm very much with you on the writing, the musical aspects of creativity I've never quite grasped well enough. Acoustic guitar is one of my favourite things to listen to, though. :)
freeguy

Post by freeguy »

Yeah me too. Lots of brit indie music for me. And the beatles/lennon of course.

Btw if you find guitar difficult, i'd suggest trying a musical keyboard. I have one myself and it's really fun.
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.