Big Changes

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

greendiva23

Big Changes

Post by greendiva23 »

Hey,

So I've been feeling pretty messed up lately, and I feel like a lot of the positive things in my life are being ignored (or rather smothered out) in favor or the darkness. So I'm forcing myself to write about the good here.

The first really good thing is that after I went on stress leave from work, I finally got my resume together. It had been a major trigger to do that, and the whole job change thing had been really, for a long list of reasons essentially dating back to my childhood (because everything ALWAYS does). T and I talked about it a lot and finally I just did it. And then I applied to some community nursing jobs (rather than in the hospital as I was working now) and got interviews. And I went, and actually got both jobs so I had options! Which is crazy.

So now I have given notice at my current job (and I won't have to go back there...EVER...because my stress leave goes until early to mid June!) I'm pretty impressed with myself, I truly am shocked that this is my life right now. I'm also terrified. But I guess that's okay and normal.

Anyway that's my positive news.

Love,
Greendiva
~~Rule your mind or it will rule you~~
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Big Changes

Post by Harmony »

Way to go greendiva!

I totally relate to the hospital nursing stress. Been there done that and moved on myself. Congratulations on taking lemons and making lemonade. Enjoy the remainder of your stress leave.

Amazing how many of us survivors are in caregiving/care taking careers isn't it?

with all best support,
Harmony
Starfish

Post by Starfish »

that is great, greendiva! sounds like you are getting some clarity in your life.... what a great feeling to not have to go back, ever to a job you did not like.
Starfish
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Biggest grin - about time you got a break
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Congratulations indeed!
Well done. Getting to choose even. Way to go.
there

Post by there »

woohoo! Courageous steps!
The fears may come, but we have the courage and each other to handle those if/when they do!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.