I finally met the little girl inside me!

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Irise072

I finally met the little girl inside me!

Post by Irise072 »

This week I was finally able to get in touch with my little girl inside! That was such a huge step in my healing process! I was able to do so through meditation. I been trying this for months now, and finally when I least expected- there she was! It took some time of trying to talk to her and reassure her that she is safe now and loved and protected. After that, that awful feeling of pain and heaviness in my chest was gone!
I started to feel strong and even powerful. I stared to forgive my mom and how terribly she betrayed me. I started to feel compassion and love for her and I started to miss her. My father on the another hand- no, not there yet at all!
So i called her up yesterday after 7 months of no contact. No answer. I didn't have any expectations or desire of the out come of the talk, I just wanted to called her and say something like: ''Even thought not much is changed, I just wanted to say hello, and see how are you doing and to hear your voice''....after all, she was my best friend,(so I though)...I left the video message on the skype, since she didnt answer again. Later I went to check my Skype, and as soon as I got online, she went offline!
Before this would crush me, but the way I feel at this point(at least) i just smiled, and thought to myself, OK.

This week has been amazing! We ll see how next will be.. ;)
"I too get scared, but it's at such moment that I discover a wisdom that is beyond me, and I go forward."
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: I finally met the little girl inside me!

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Irise072

Smiling to read your words, thanks for sharing.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
godiva

Post by godiva »

dear irise,

happy to read about it as I've been struggling to find my inner girl too.
understand how tough it is when parents don't know how to react, sending much support to you

godiva
Irise072

Post by Irise072 »

Thanks all!
Now i know to trust the process and that everything will happen eventually, as long as we want that for ourselves and working on it and not just trying to run away and get numb, high, drunk, but to really face the pain. I use to run, run across the ocean, states, but we cant run away from ourselves. Thats so true and now i understand. And even when i'm down again,when spiral is going down, I will remember that I was once here at this powerful state of being and mind, and that will be here back again. Just ride the storm...keep swimming and never give up.
As far as my childish parents, they have they own demons to deal with, and that enough punishment for them.
Oh,wow, listen to me, sounding all wise and shit! :))) But it's awesome! And Im cherishing it! I deserve it! And so are YOU.
Last edited by Irise072 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I too get scared, but it's at such moment that I discover a wisdom that is beyond me, and I go forward."
Irise072

Post by Irise072 »

It's interesting, what a difference can day make. I only sing up on this site week or so ago, when I was desperate and lonely...and BOOM i have this huge break through! Hallelujah! :D
silentlistener

Post by silentlistener »

HI Irise,

I am glad you met her. I met my inner children through meditation. I invited them to come i they wanted and they did.

Sl
godiva

Post by godiva »

dear irise,

it is truly amazing to see this breakthrough happen, it brought a smile to my face.
hoping you share more of whatever it is you are feeling, anytime

godiva
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT
there

Post by there »

I'm happy you met her. You sound very strong.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

Wow. Empowering!
I, too, had a major journey in getting to know (and in my case, accept and love) my little girl. So I can relate to the euphoria in that breakthrough. Good for you! I know you'll take good care of her. I hope the liberating feelings last!
Congrats,
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT
FrumSurvivor