Fashion

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

becomingbutterfly

Fashion

Post by becomingbutterfly »

I am breaking out of my shell in terms of fashion. Shopping is so much less triggering than it was, and when I heard the script from my mom tonight, I shut it down! I now possess pants, sleeveless dresses, lower cut tops, and shorter skirts, all in professional taste and within my style. :D The coolest thing is that my friends know my style, and suggest things for me to wear. They bought me clothes for my birthday, and I was able to go shopping without guilt! It may not seem like much, but going from frumpy jumpers to current and hipster, and still feel good about myself is a huge step for me. :)
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
HealingHearts

Re: Fashion

Post by HealingHearts »

:D a :D :D WooHoo :D :D :D

That is so wonderful!!! We are soooooooo happy for this. It is a celebration of you and that is a good thing!

I know you will rock those clothes!

HealingHearts

Hey let's go virtual shopping together at the mall! Can we go to white and black first? I love that place!!! Where to next?
Together we are stronger...
becomingbutterfly

HealingHearts, let's do it! I love that store! How 'bout Forever21 and JC Penney? Better yet, since we're virtual shopping, let's just go to all the stores in the mall! We can afford Saks 5th Ave and Nordstroms, right? ;)

Thanks for being my cheerleader, hun.
"Isn't it bewildering…that everything is so beautiful, despite all the horrors that exist?" ~Sophie Scholl
HealingHearts

Post by HealingHearts »

:lol: :lol: :lol: and Lush,,,I love Lush!!!
Woohoo) :D You go gf,
Truth teller

Post by Truth teller »

One thumbs up here from me. Looking good for me starts on the inside.

Tt
Magical Thinker

Post by Magical Thinker »

Dear Becoming Butterfly,

How wonderful and congratulations on becoming who you are, with less triggering. You have incredible courage.

Gentle hugs , if OK

Magical Thinker
GrowingTree

Post by GrowingTree »

Wow! i am so proud! I too recently went through the same thing!
GrowingTree
River

Post by River »

Becoming Butterfly, your name is quite accurate for this topic. You are a beautiful butterfly on the inside that is now reflecting on the outside with your new fashion. Takes courage to change. Celebrating your feminitity (can't spell) without triggers and guilt. You go girl!

River
becomingbutterfly

D'aww, thanks Tt, MT, Growing Tree, and River. Love you all.
HealingHearts

Post by HealingHearts »

Hi BecomingButterfly
so good to see you. How are you doing? Off to college soon?
hope all is well
HH