Things can change

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

plantsandtigers

Things can change

Post by plantsandtigers »

Hello to everyone, and I hope you're doing ok.

I've been feeling pretty good lately. One of my anxieties is around saying that I'm feeling good, because I'm always sure that something bad will happen to punish me for that, but that's an old belief. So here I am, saying I'm feeling pretty good, and not being punished for it.

I have a big college assignment due in a few weeks and usually I would be beating myself up for not spending every free minute working on it. But I'm so proud of myself, because I've been really compassionate to myself about it and it's going really well - I'm on track to hand in on time if not early, and I don't feel the usual huge pressure for it to be perfect.

I'm planning on starting couples therapy soon to try to improve communication between me and my partner, and I'm a bit nervous but also excited, I want us to be able to connect better and I feel like I deserve it. I think for most of our relationship I've been a bit guarded because I was afraid he would turn out to be abusive... but he's not. He's actually wonderful and he loves me deeply. So I think it's time for me to let that in. Let go of the old beliefs that have been blocking my chance for happiness.

I wanted to share this period of light with you all, because I honestly never really believed that this kind of joy was possible for me. I wish it for all of you too.
Watercolor

Re: Things can change

Post by Watercolor »

How wonderful this is to read and hear! Such lovely news, plantsandtigers! I love that you are feeling such joy.
Harbor

Post by Harbor »

I'm so glad you posted, plantsandtigers.

I have found in my own life that the fear of anxiety is the worst prolonged anxiety I have experienced. For me, running headlong into the situation rather than being immobilized by it is freeing. It sounds like you have hit on a similarly proactive approach that is working for you.
"'Safe Harbor' is a state of mind... it's the place - in reality or metaphor - to which one goes in times of trouble or worry. It can be a friendship, marriage, church, garden, beach, poem, prayer, or song." -Luanne Rice
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

That is AMAZING!!!!!!
I'm so happy to hear!
May it go as awesome as possible :) :)
FrumSurvivor